cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed updating Notif com.sap.ip.me.spi.persist.IPersistenceException: [S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an error on my mobile client (MI 2.5 SP 18 P 1) and I can not explain or understand the error.

We have build an application based on MAM 2.5. We have added/updated the create service order functionality.

Description of reproducing the error on my client:

I create an service order with notification on my mobile client. When I sync it to the backend and I get the created order and notif back on my client I try to update a field on the notif header (device data). But when I do this I get the following error:

Failed updating MAM25_010com.sap.ip.me.spi.persist.IPersistenceException:  [SQLState:22001, error code:-433]

This error occurs on the update notification statement in my code.

The strange thing is: this error only occurs the first time when I call the update statement after the create of the S.O. on the backend. This error is not occuring before the sync when I do an update, and also not when the order and notif are already created in the backend (so after a second sync).

The String I filled in was not empty and not null, it was the same String as I filled in on the moment of creation, so not a strange value which is not supported.

When I search on the internet on the SQL error 22001 I get some messages on code base difference (f.e. UTF 8 and UTF 16), but I think this cannot be our problem.

Does anyone know what is happening here? I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Bart Elshout

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart Elshout

Actual problem for Error code 22001 is "More data was sent for a binary or char data than the data source can support for that column". This means that in the client, the length of the date field for the particular Sync Bo is lesser that the length defined on the server ie. in the server the length is say 15 chars and in the client it may be say 12 chars. Therefore inserting a 15 char data into a field of 12 char throws the above error. To resolve the this problem, you need to recreate the metarep xml file in the server and then delete the old metarep file and replace it with the new one generated.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (0)