cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData service - property labels (inconsistencies)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the issue I have with SAP NetWeaver Gateway:

In service definition via NWGW Service Builder, I defined a label for each property. I successfully generated runtime objects, but when I call the $metadata uri the labels are all mixed up and they do not correspond to the way they are defined in Service Builder.

The problem seems to be that the labels are assigned to properties using text elements, and the text elements are generated by numbers starting from 000 to 999, and apparently we have more than 1000 properties with labels. That causes some inconsistencies with the codes of text elements because then we have several labels assigned to the same text element number.

Did anyone have problem with this before, or does anyone have any idea how we could solve this?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Dasa Dragicevic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An entity with 1000 properties is quite big and is not very common considering the normal use cases.

This will also cause very high network load, load of a huge metadata parsing etc.

Gateway is meant for 'Lightweight PeopleCentric Usage'

I am nit sure if this is a limitation or known behaviour.

In which class  - method you find the code that causes the issue ?

BR,

Atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have some entities with a couple of hundreds of properties, but none of them goes above 1000. The thing is that apparently these text element numbers are generated for all properties of all entities, so in total when you sum the number of all properties for all entities, it turns out to be more than 1000.

Best regards,

Dasa

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be note 1900244 can be helpful .. but I am not sure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We managed to implement the Note, and there are no more inconsistencies, but the way it solved the problem is by basically not allowing more than 1000 text elements.

So now the labels are correct where they exist, but once the number of text elements is over 1000 the labels are not set anymore. So now there are a lot of properties without labels...

Thanks anyway!