cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection parameters doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a File server at the target side. I thought we need to create Business Systems only for SAP systems but the clinet insists that we need to create the same for target also. They prefer that over business components.

However I have noticed that they also have three landscape like Dev, Qas, Prodn for File server. So technically is it possible to use Business cmponents for that? If I understand correctly, BC has to be created manually in all landscapes and it cannot be transported from Dev to QAs.

So in my case, I need to create three business systems for the file server for all three dev, qAS and prdn file servers and link them in SLD?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system name can be any meaningful name.

Host name would be your host name of the server.

You can edit the technical system at any time. Don't need to change the ESR and ID part.

Just clear the SLD data cache in ID.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

However I have noticed that they also have three landscape like Dev, Qas, Prodn for File server. So technically is it possible to use Business cmponents for that? If I understand correctly, BC has to be created manually in all landscapes and it cannot be transported from Dev to QAs.   

It should be possible to transport business components. Technically, you could use business components or business systems (via third-party option) for that. One of the advantages of using business system is that you can install software components in them (useful in search help).

So in my case, I need to create three business systems for the file server for all three dev, qAS and prdn file servers and link them in SLD?

Yes, I think that is what the customer wants. In the SLD, you define a target business system in the next landscape.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thaks for your inputs.

I am creating bs. While creating technical system, I selected the option 3rd party, and then its taking me to a screen where it asks System name and Host name, what do we enter here?

If I enter it incorrectly, after I have done the complete scenario, is it possible for me to edit it? I mean if I notice that there is error in the parameters I enetered here after the ESR and ID part are done, do I have to start creating objects from the start?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

You could create a Technical System first (third-party too) and then enter a name for the system name. As for the hostname, you could use the IP address of the FTP server. Afterwards, create a business system (third party) that refers to the technical system created earlier.

You could edit it, just make sure you also edit the objects in Integration Directory so that they are in synch. No, you do not have to create objects from the start. You just need to update the business system via this feature (in edit mode):

And then click apply afterwards.

Regards,

Mark