cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server Data Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALl,

How is the data flow works when a origian is checked in the content server via kpro.

because we found that the speed is very slow when a document was checked in, I need to found out the reason?

our content server is located in Place A, together with SAP users, the SAP PLM server was loacated in Place B, there has a network connect between place A and place B.

When I check in original in SAPDB via kpro, the speed is much quick

Thanks

William

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The content file can be transferred to content server from CAD workstation directly only if the CAD workstation, content server and the ERP server can ping each other successfully.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is due bandwidth difference between both of server. Discuss with your basis & network admin guy if the same bandwidth is assign for both of server.

Regards

Shishir

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Please monitor the network traffic and load when you perform checking from Place B.

This shall give you some hint on optimization.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Some times system performance slow while upload document into content server because of big file will take some minutes than normal  . OR due to slow network/wi-fi connections  else repository connections are in inactive mode.

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply

how could I monitor network traffic and load, Is this done in SAP? could you give me some hints

It's strange that when I check files(for example 2MB)into SAPDB, it will usually take 2 seconds, but when I checked the same file into HTTP Content Server, it will take as long as 40 seconds.

Best regards

Youwang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for you reply

It's strange that when I check files(for example 2MB)into SAPDB, it will usually take 2 seconds, but when I checked the same file into HTTP Content Server, it will take as long as 40 seconds

By saying "repository connections are in inactive mode", what does this mean, how could I set it into active mode

thanks

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI William,

Check with basis consultant, will perform test connections again and make MAXDB manager tool deactivate to active to get fast access.

These are normal issues with content server and 2 mbps of bandwidth is enough for DMS.

regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chandu,

How could I make MAXDB manager tool deactivate to active?

I went to the T-code SCMSMO, and found the message in the  ContRep: connect error:  connect to HOST 192.168.1.108 port 1090 error: NIECONN_REFUSED.

But I checked that the port 1090 was under listening, the firewell between two server was shut down.

BR

William

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi youwang,

Sometimes there might be network issue or server is very slow.

Go to se38 -> RSHTTP80, you can check their server performance issue if any.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja