cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Sourcing vs SAP Sourcing vs EBP SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can anyone help me in differentiating SRM Sourcing vs SAP Sourcing vs EBP SUS, which one is superior is it SAP Sourcing or EBP SUS

I would want to know the difference between SRM Sourcing vs SAP Sourcing vs EBP SUS

Regards

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I'm not sure what kind of differences you want to know about these 3, i.e. maybe from technical point of view.

As far as I know:

Sourcing is an important part of SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) as a procurement system. SRM could be integrated with ERP system and plays a role of sourcing system.

It provides Strategic purchasing, including strategic sourcing and contract management, as well as operational sourcing.

SAP Sourcing: It was acquired from Frictionless, and was originally called E-Sourcing, then was renamed to SAP Sourcing in 2010, which contains mainly strategic sourcing and contract lifecycle management. It could be considered as a complement of SRM.

Both SRM and SAP Sourcing, and ERP could be integrated together.

I'm not quite sure of what you mean by "EBP SUS'. We do have a scenario called EBP-SUS, which means connecting SRM system with SUS (Supplier self service system). SRM PO could be sent to SUS system, in which supplier could perform the follow-on procurement process, i.e. PO response, ASN, GR, and invoice with SRM. I would not call it a sourcing process.

And I would not say which one is superior. Basically you need to choose according to the customer's business requirement.

Best regards.
Wendy

Answers (0)