cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening FPM Application in a seperate Model Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a FPM Application which i need to open in new Window in my Webdynpro Application.

As of now I am using the URL of the Application to open it as an external WIndow, this causes some problem while refreshing the main Webdynrpo view While closing the FPM application window.

In the Main Webdypro view the refresh is not happeing since it is opening as an external WIndow.

If i open as a model window it may solve the issue. But Since i am using the URL if i open a model Window using the Window name it is not calling the FPM application.

Kindly give some suggestions or link to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Nalla B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

I suggest you the below points to achieve your requirement

• Create a view V_FPM_APP and insert an iFrame ui element
  • Create an attribute FPM_URL as string and bind it to the source of iFrame ui element
  • Create a window, W_FPM_APP and embed the view V_FPM_APP
  • Now, you can use method CREATE_WINDOW of interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER to open the FPM application and pass parameter MODEL = ABAP_TRUE

• You can register the onClose action of popup window to your own action on view as below

data lo_view_ctrl type ref to if_wd_view_controller.

lo_view_ctrl ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window->set_on_close_action(

exporting

view = lo_view_ctrl

action_name = 'ON_CLOSE'

• Create an action ON_CLOSE in view from where the popup window is called
  • Now, you get the control when user closes the popup window, so, you can refresh the main view

Also other way, you can use the concept component usages to achieve your requirement

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

I have checked the Iframe  option earlier. But we are in the lower version which doesn't even have the Iframe Ui element

Could you please help me with the other option of using the Component usage to achieve this.

I tried using this option, But it didnt work, I got stucked up with some erros.

Kindly suggest some method to achieve this in steps. so that I can understand better

Thanks,

Nalla B.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

What kind of errors are you getting?

You can achieve your requirement by using component usage concept as below

•      Identify the fpm component name from the application of fpm.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link ( till it gets embedded into the window )

Embedding an FPM (Application) in Webdynpro Application

•      Now, you can call the window of fpm as popup by using the method CREATE_WINDOW of interface if_wd_window_manager
  • Follow the steps suggested in my previous reply.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Rama

Message was edited by: Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

Answers (0)