Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return PO & J1IS duties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please clarify the below points

1. While doing MIGO with ref. to return PO ( With return indicator) Excise tab should come or not?

IF yes then, what document type we need to select in excise tab.

2. In J1IS duties will flow automatically or need to be entered manually. If I enter it manually then ECS and S ECS is getting calculated wrongly, what is the reason?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Excise tab will not come.you need to mention reason for movement.

2. In J1is - it will flow automatically.If not give the screen shot

Hope you have given Doc type - MATD and Doc no is the mat doc no.

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu

While doing return order with 161 in  MIGO, Excise invoice tab will come(if you selected the proper tax code with condition record maintanace in return Po), and taxes also will appear. but you cannot refer the original excise invoice number due to Error(

All items in the excise invoice xxxxx  dated onxx.xx.xxxx of vendor xxxxxx has been

received. .

. so here we need to select no excise  and post. system will allow posting if you enter new excise invoice- which we should not do.

after the above step

Create Excise invoice with J1iS with refernce to 161 movement type material document. with refernce type MATD. you can get the mother exicse invoice by clicking the option Get excise excise invoice provided Part II should be posted for the same through J1IEX earlier..other wise Excise invoice will not get suggested by System. duty also will get populated with refernce to mother excise invoice. upto me this is the only procedure we can follow for 161 movement with Excise

Regards

Maruthi S

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give a screen shot of of the vendor return 161 with tab Excises in MIGO screen

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi ,

I agree with you.

To show Excise tab in MIGO ( SPRO>IMG>Logistics - General>Tax on Goods Movements>India>Business Transactions>Incoming Excise Invoices-->Specify Which Movement Types Involve Excise Invoices and activate the Mvt.type 161 in this transaction).  It was not available in my case

Now -

one can capture excise  at Migo  (capture excise)and post in J1is (for Inv no create)and then do J1iv  GL posting

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I manu

Suggestion is need to select no excise entries while doing migo with refernce to Return order.

Create excise invoice with reference to 161 document in J1IS. normally in case of 161 part II will be captured. so you can get the mother invoice by clicking the Get excise invoice tab. duty will be flowed automatically.save the document. take the printout with the help of J1iV.

Regards

Maruthi S

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you cross check - i hope you are talking about 122 ( Return delivery  )and not 161  (Vendor return)

for 122 , you are correct - we give in MIGO - No excise entries and pick from J1is - get Excise inv.

In 161 , can u check and come back

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

MAnu

i am 100% sure as per your request I attached the screen shot also On my earlier communication.You can see 161 movement type on my second screen

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

My question is in J1IS for 122 , Excises values will not automatically .We need to select "get Excise  values " , it will show the list of Excise list which we have done the GR - fine

Now in J1IS 161 - "get the Excise values " - what will you select .

am also clarifying

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT will show the original excise invoice which has been captured while doing MIGO with 101 movement  type

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is the dispute

i have received 10 PO and 1000 of material A, B, C,D etc stock in my unres.

Now Store identified 15 stocks are defects and need to return back to the vendor. They dont know against what all  PO its was procured.

So they create a fresh return PO with qty 15 with Material A 2, Mat B 11 , Mat C 2. (total 15 qty)

I did 122

then J1is - Excise will not flow automatically . Bcoz the process is "get Excise invoice " will not work as we dont have any clue on which PO or 101 GR we are returning back .

so , ideally it need to flow from PO . I am not sure how it is handled. But i believe you got the point and my question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu

before replying to this thread i have tested the same. like my Po and return PO both different, but still i can able to get the original excise invoice with proper excise value without any manual intervenation in J1iS

Regards

Maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note, I am facing the below issues in vendor return Process, Please advise on the same.

1. Which is the right process, capturing the excise at MIGO or J1IS? for 122 and 161.

2. is 162 and 123 MVT are excise relevant, do i need to add these in config?

3. RG23A part 1 is getting updated for 122 and Part 2 is not getting updated, what could be the issue?

4. Excise duties are not flowing automatically in J1IS for 161, also get excise Inv. button also not working.

Thank you

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can use any option both are correct!

2. Yes

3. J_1IPART2 table gets updated when you post the excise(J1IV)

4. If tax procedure is TAXINN then condition recoed should be maintained for material with table 357. JTAX should be access sequence used.

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

Thank you,

3. Yes, J_1IPART2 tables are getting updated, but while extracting and printing the registers, values are not printed. what could be the reason?

4. Yes, We are using TAXINN only, can you please explain in details with T codes and steps for this..

Regards

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

3. Only the credit availed and utilized duty will be displayed in the excel sheet.

4. For the conditions assign JTAX access sequence.
   For 372 condition table maintain condition record via FV11.

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

3. In Registers, only 101 MVT entries are getting printed, 122 MVT enterials are not getting printed, nor the credit or debit duty values.

Vendor return Process via 122
In DEVValuesRegistersUpdateExtraction and Print
POXXXXRG23A Part1RG23A Part12RG23A Part1RG23A Part12
MIGO with Excise5XXXXXXXX1YesYesYesYes
Return Delivery 122 with out excise5XXXXXXXX2NoYesNoNo
Excise invoice capture J1IS0000000001Auto
Return Delivery 122 with excise5XXXXXXXX3YesYesYesNo
Excise invoice capture J1IS0000000002Auto
Return Delivery 122 with only part 1 update5XXXXXXXX4YesYesYesNo
Excise invoice capture J1IS0000000003Auto
Vendor return Process via 161
In DEVValuesRegistersUpdateExtraction and Print
PO2538RG23A Part1RG23A Part12RG23A Part1RG23A Part12
MIGO with out Excise 1615XXXXXXXX5NOYes (2 Lines)NoNo
Excise invoice capture J1IS0000000004Manual
PO2539
MIGO with Excise 1615XXXXXXXX6
Excise invoice capture J1IS0000000005AutoYesYes (1 Line)YesYES
brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure entry for 122 and 161 movements is available in J_1IMVMT table.

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, both MVT are there in the J_1IMVMT table.

Regards

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you run J1I5 after MIGO to update J_1IPART1?

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, But in J1I5 no values are coming. but if i am posting MIGO with 'only part 1 update' option in excise tab, then it is getting updated and getting printed too. But part two is not getting printed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

Please advise, is there any config missing issue here. If yes then, what could be the possibilities?

Thanks

Regards

MM

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Part2 will get posted only when you run J1Is/J1Iv.
Migo > only part1 will just update J_1IPART1 table.

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brinda,

Thank you for for your support.

I have posted many test cases, with all the possible ways. but in non of the cases, RG23A part 2 is not getting extracted (is getting updated at table level). but not coming in print out.

I have noticed that only issue MVT type entries are not getting printed. receipts are getting printed.

When post return PO with 161MVT with excise capture and post in MIGO, these entries are getting printed. but in table it clearly says it is a receipt entry.

Thanks

Regards

MM

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will get the Option of Excise invocie during GRN of Return PO in MIGO transaction. You may choose no excise entry or Only part1. If you choose Only part1 then only part1 is updated. In addition maintain the Excise condition records (as per key combination in 357 table) and check once..

Have updated J1I5 and J2I5 once again and check.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Is 357 table a must ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

We are maintaining the condition records as per the TAXCODE - Table 950. Do i need to maintain the condition records as per 357 table - Country/Plant/Ctrl code. Is it mandatory ?

Thanks

Regards

Raja

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, System fetches the duties from table key combination 357 into J1IS as well J1IF01 i believe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I have maintained the condition records with table 357 - Country/Plant/Ctrl code combination for particular tax code and did the vendor return process, still RG23A part 2 is not getting extracted with the return quantity.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Final conclusion is, For return process, RG23A part 1 and 2 be updated but only at the time of extraction, only entries will be printed in Part 1 register, but not in part 2. Return entries will come at the time of utilization in J2IUN.

Regards

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos