cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS adapter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using JMS receiver adapter and want to send the filename which I am preparing in my Mapping using UDF to DCJMSReplyTo attribute in the MQ Header (MQRFH2).

I have tried a lot of options including setting ASMA properties and sending the value in the DCJMSReplyTo attribute but the issue is this attribute only takes a Queue name.

How to set this attribute in IBM MQ Series? (Reply To Queue) using JMS Adapter attribute.

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks,

Chandar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks all can you please advise on the folling

I have provided the screenshot where I need the filename to be populated. How can I populate a filename in that field
in MQ using PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That field normally used to store the queue name. Have you tried to use dynamic configuration in UDF?

That's the only option we have.. The code is mentioned in the link I have provided..

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandar,

As per JMS specification and JMS API, the value of the header field JMSReplyTo (that is populated from the adapter-specific message attribute DCJMSReplyTo) can be either null, or contain JMS reply-to destination name, where destination is either JMS queue or topic. Implementation of JMS Provider in IBM WebSphere reuses this principle - thus, you should consider existing queue/topic name as a valid value when filling DCJMSReplyTo from your UDF, and not a file name.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes DCJMSReplyTo is used to hold the queue name in message header. Just curious to know why you want to store the file name in a JMS message ??

Normally we get the requirement that we want to decide the queue name dynamically.

Check this.It has the solution

How to pass dynamic filename to Receiver JMS ch... | SCN