cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umode for urgent change

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement for using umode for import of urgent changes. for e.g we want all workbench transports to be imported in overwrite mode.

how can we achieve this?

-SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS

There is no standard customizing for your requirement.

Import is triggered to the TMS from the action in the document and charm does not specify any umode.

If the import is triggered from the task list then we trigger a tp import all, tp import all does not allow umode 1 even you run the import from the TMS directly. The other umodes can be selected manually when you schedule this import action.

Thanks

Vikram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response.

Venkatesh,  I dont think this option is suited for our requirement. we need all workbench transport to be imported in overwrite mode.

Vikram,  we are trying to replace rev trac with charm. currently this is the only major drwaback.

In rev trac there is option to select umode for import. i was looking somethign simillar.

-SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Normally the re-import activities will be done in the maintenance cycle task list import .action option.

Better check with 

for more clarification.

Rg,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik,

This requirement is for Urgent changes. For normal changes, we can set the modes while importign via batch.

These are not even for re-import.

-Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Urgent changes are actually preliminary imports, your system should be configured in such a way that after the import the UC transport should stay in the import buffer. This can be re imported again when "import all" scheduled in the project cycle.

refer the question 12, and question 14 from here 

and you can import UC also background, and also check this http://scn.sap.com/thread/3215455

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Jansi,

I agree with you, but thread mentioned by you is for status driven import. this is what we have in place.

Requirement is to have all workbench transports to be imported in overwrite mode. note: This is not re-import.

-Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9 to overwrite ALL objects in your system. Be careful as you will loose ALL changes in the system, you shouldn't use this option when importing in development systems, unless you have VERS_AT_IMP set to ALWAYS. With this TMS flag, a version will be created before import. I suggest to try in your qa system.

See tp Options - Transport Tools (BC-CTS-TLS) - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Experts,

Any solution or idea on this is highly appreciated.

-SS

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One option would be , if you have list of Transport no's

Select filter on TR column and choose  multiple selection copy the Transport no or copy Transport  numbers  in a notepad and browse it by selecting import from text file(Shift+F11) to select all transport numbers

Then you  can import the selected transports with umode option(overwrite originals)