cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop/manage sap pi alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I just configured our SAP PI Alerts. however, it still send blank sample message.

how do i stop or manage it?

Thank you.

im using sap pi 7.1 sp08

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

that could be someone might have run  the report RSALERTTEST.

that is why it is not having message id. which means it is triggered by report.

Regards,

Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do i mange these messages? thank you.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ignore these mails as of now. when initial alerts creation we run this report to check the configuration. it is part of testing.

once it works then you can check the alert with message failure to test the alerts. no need to test it from SE38.

Regards,

Muni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan, im already done testing the alert but i still sends blank emails.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you delete the old alerts?

Administration Reports (SAP Library - Alert Management (BC-SRV-GBT-ALM))

3.     You can also choose to delete old alerts or old logs and enter the number of days, after which they are to be deleted. In the case of deleting old alerts, you can also choose to have only confirmed alerts deleted.

i think you might have selected delivered  as mentioned in the point 2. that could be the reason you are getting multiple alerts.

2.     You can then choose if alerts are deleted after expiry time, escalated, or delivered various times according to the report execution interval. The number how often the alert is sent to the recipients is entered in the Properties tab in transaction ALERTCATDEF.

Regards,

Muni.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ronald,

just to give a pictorial representation of what indrajit said.

sxmb_ifr --> then

then you can uncheck the alerts which you want to disable.

hope this helps.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go to alert configuration in run time workbench and uncheck the rules active option for the alert rule.

This will stop generating alert for that rule.