cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT - Hierarchical List of Values on an OLAP data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I am having a problem converting a UNV universe to a UNX version which is based on a SQL SSAS 2012 data source.

In the Information Design tool when I right click and select Preview Values I see the below List of Values as a Hierarchy.

However, when I add this same object into a WebI report the List of Values does not appear anything like the above. How do I set the Business Layer to perform the same way in WebI???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed response.  I did encountered the similar issue very late, hence thought of sharing the same.

You might not seen in WebI or in IDT preview and that is because you might not have set the level correctly while assigning the Hierarchy LOV.   If you set the same at first level, then you won't see them in hierarchy, where as if you set is next level or next of next or last, then you should be able to see them in hierarchy.

Regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have worked out to add prompts for a hierarchical object from an OLAP unx universe the object that needs the prompt added to it must be added in the Result Objects and then using the Member Selector properties to Enable Prompt.

However, now that I do this I am getting a new problem with the following error message appearing when I Run the query...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very generic exception that can happen due to so many reasons and very difficult to pin point to exact reason for it..

Can you just pull the field into a report as see if all the hierarchies appear fine in the report or not?