Did you mean: 

SCM 7.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3 system preparation

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am going to upgrade the SCM 7.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3

what steps should I take care before the activity

1) Should I have to stop livecache before the upgrade?

2) Maxdb (7.7.06.09) should be upgraded for Livecache from current level to suit for SCM 7.0 EHP3. If so , please give me the maxdb upgrade steps and suitable version for SCM 7.0 EHP3?

3) This one should be called upgrade (or) update?

4) can we upgrade the livecache separately and SCM alone now?

5) Should optimizer be disconnected from the system? - the optimizer is being shared with other systems as well

Please clear all my doubts

I will appreciate your help and guidance

Thanks a ton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am going to upgrade the SCM 7.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3

what steps should I take care before the activity

We already discussed this here.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3521327

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3521328

No. You stop the LiveCache only before you start the LC upgrade.

2) Maxdb (7.7.06.09) should be upgraded for Livecache from current level to suit for SCM 7.0 EHP3. If so , please give me the maxdb upgrade steps and suitable version for SCM 7.0 EHP3?

To upgrade MaxDB. You will need to download the packages for the MaxDB and LC and start the MaxDB upgrade using the SBDUPD tool

Eg: SDBUPD -d <SID_LCA> -u control,control

This is still an upgrade. You will follow the upgrade procedure. SCM 7.0 EHP3 is based on NW 7.4

First upgrade the ABAP stack and once done you will start the upgrade procedure with the LC and MaxDB.

5) Should optimizer be disconnected from the system? - the optimizer is being shared with other systems as well.

if you are updating the SCM Optimizer files then you need to check whether the connections are working.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Please find the answers to your queries below:

Before you enter the Execution phase the SUM tool should prompt you for all the steps that need to be taken like stopping all production activities and stopping batch jobs and locking users. It should stop the livecache including the system without your intervention during the Execution phase however I think.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/2b0d4da8fa3446e10000000a155369/content.htm

Check PAM for compatibility

Upgrade I believe. You are going from Release 7.0 to 7.03

liveCache can be upgraded later.

5) Should optimizer be disconnected from the system? - the optimizer is being shared with other systems as well

Not sure about this. Let's wait for experts to chip in.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The document says this process is update ...

SCM 5.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - upgrade

SCM 7.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - update

please clarify..

kindly clear all my doubts

Thanks a ton

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCM 5.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - upgrade -

yes correct , here you have to do completely release  upgrade  ( from 5.0 to 7 ehp3). Here lot off changes will effect .

SCM 7.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - update

here your release will same but extension will be change. from 7.0 to 7.XX.

Here additional functionalists will add , if you want you can activate particular functionality.

Thanks

Siva

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

SCM 5.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - upgrade ( It is SAP release change from 5.0 to 7.0)

Major changes in technology and functionality

SCM 7.0 > SCM 7.0 ehp3 - update ( It is just an enhancement update from 7.0 to 7.03)

Some new enhancement changes or introduction of new enhancement. No major change in technology

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please answer my main questions.

3) can we upgrade the livecache separately and SCM alone now?

4) Should optimizer be disconnected from the system? - the optimizer is being shared with other systems as well

will appreciate your help and guidance

Thanks a ton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your activity is update and no need to stop the livecache during this activity, SUM should take care of the necessary action. Refer point 4.8 as per below update guide.

as per the update guide https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000849422013

no need to upgrade the livecache as the minimum requirement is 7.7.02 for SAP liveCache 7.7 and you are on 7.7.06.09.

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need stop 

2) Maxdb (7.7.06.09) should be upgraded for Livecache from current level to suit for SCM 7.0 EHP3. If so , please give me the maxdb upgrade steps and suitable version for SCM 7.0 EHP3?\

you have to upgrde 7.9

You have to upgrade Livecache 10 for SCM 7 ehp3

Thanks

Siva

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

All your queries should be answered in the SCM upgrade guide. Suggestion is to read through the same.

Yes. During LiveCache upgrade it will be stopped. For SCM upgrade , you may need to stop it when requested during upgrade procedure. Else not needed.

Refer SCM upgrade guide for the steps as well as documentation at

http://service.sap.com/instguides  Other Documentation  Database Upgrades

Technically during the SCM upgrade phase you will be prompted for upgrade steps on Livecache.

Follow the steps to upgrade the same.

4) Should optimizer be disconnected from the system? - the optimizer is being shared with other systems as well

If the optimizer is shared, you may disable the RFC connection. Post SCM upgrade, update the optimizer  and enable the RFC Connection.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori