cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUTPUT Type are determined but not added into header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There, we are installing very basic configuration SD, and everything has been set correctly and running up in good shape, but for some reason we are having issues with the output types for all documents, Sales Orders, Outbound Delvieries, Transportation, etc. The output is being determined but the condition is not set in place automatically.

I reviewed the configuration and everything has been configured ok, I reviewed the analisys determination and it looks in green condition - access sequence. But the condition is not been set in place within the header.

Do you think it could be something related to basis, installation or tables configuration?

Thank you very much

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

For output type determination, you will also need to set up the master data for output type condition record for your output to be determined automatically, whether it has been configured as an item or header output type.

You may check this menu path for reference of the transaction codes for output type condition record maintenance. SAP menu --> Logistics --> Sales and Distribution --> Master Data --> Output.

If you want your output types to be determined automatically, you may use dispatch time/date - '4'    [Send immediately (when saving the application)].

Hope this helps.

iessa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your helpful answers, I have set all the conditions with the proper master data and it didn't work, another think that I forgot to mention is that we have applied the enhancement for the VMS module. I'm not sure if there is something that we would need to consider at the basis level once the enhancement has been applied.

In somehow SAP is determining the output but the message is not being added automatically if I add manually the subsecuent functions work properly. I tried to set the SPED for the ID creation automatically once the OD is created, but the same issue, the output type condition is not being created automatically. The funcionality is not working for any kind of documents, Sales Orders, Outbound Deliveries, Invoices, etc.

I'm still investigating the root cause, what ever I find I'll post to share with you.

Thank you!, kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any existing documents output won't determine automatically at header level. The reason is that output master has maintained after SD documents was created. If you create new SD documents only output will be determined automatically at header level. For all existing SD documents just go to header in change mode( VA22, VA02, VL02N & VF02) output will determine automatically or else it wont come .Please check and revert

Thanks & Regards

Shankarappa H L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Please try setting up the condition records properly. Iessa has already suggested the path to maintain the output condition records. When you double click on the codtion records, you will reach a screen where you can provide details of the output device. also, please make sure that you check the 'print immediately' checkbox. However, the print immediately option would not have any direct bearing on the condition record being picked automatically. It only tells the system whether the print is to be generated immediately or spooled for later printing.

I also suggest that you get your basis team to check your printer settings. I have experienced such issues in the past and they were related to the output device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumita Mittra

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

This will some times happen if printer set up is not proper

check the Communication in the Output condition records whether the Output device used is proper or not

I can conclude from you statement that there was no issue with your requirement routine set

please check and revert

thanks

santosh