cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=679

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We update the BW landscape for version 7.4 suppport package 4 (whitout HANA).

We use a external system connection to extract data from a SQLServer database (Microsoft Connector 1.1 for SAP/BW)

In the previous version (BW 7.0.1 SP 10) run correctly, but now is in error.

Below the  BW error log:

Error: COMMUNICATION_FAILURE with function RSB_API_OHS_3RDPARTY_NOTIFY and target system SQLIS.

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=679 Transaction program not regist).

Error log of Integrations Services

[SAP BI Destination 1 [476]] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Connectivity.ERPException: An error occurred during the dispatch of the incoming function. The last return code was "RFC_FAILURE".

em Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SapBw.Components.SapBwSourceBWLoader.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)

em Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED.  The ProcessInput method on component "SAP BI Destination 1" (476) failed with error code 0x80131500 while processing input "SAP BI Destination Input" (491). The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

I checked the topic and notes below, but without success

CPIC Return Code 679 - Transaction Program not Registered - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki

Note 1480644 - gw/acl_mode versus gw/reg_no_conn_info.

Note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs

Regards,

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

We were able to resolve the issue. SAP RDS is assisting us with our upgrade and one of their consultants gave us this fix/workaround.

Edit and add an entry into P:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\data\reginfo.dat on your BW host server.

Below is the entry I added.

P TP=<NAME OF PROGRAM ID> HOST=<remote hostname where you creating the RFC to> CANCEL=<remote hostname> ACCESS=*

P TP=CTSAPNPSCI_PORTAL_FPS HOST=ctsapnpsci CANCEL=ctsapnpsci ACCESS=*

Then in BW system goto smgw > goto > Expert Funtions > External Security > ReRead ACL (N) & Globally

I hope that this works for you.

Regards

James 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The problem has not been solved...

I am awaiting the return of the development team of SAP (OS).

Regards

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruno,

I have logged an incident on SAP OSS as well. I shall notify of their resolution as well.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Has your issue been resolved?

We too are having similar issues after upgrading to EPH7.

Regards

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to check this thread and look at mentioned notes: CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=679#Tra... | SCN

Kind regards