cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import files in XD99

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to change some customer master data and I am trying to find a way to import an external file into XD99 (with the desired changes), but I cannot find any. However, I saw in a previous discussion that is possible (

Where can I find the button to import the file?

Thank you in advance.

PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

You can import selection data like customer numbers from a file like shown in this referenced discussion.

But it is not possible to import the changes via file, at least not as easy as you might think.

What you can do relatively easy:

You can sort your XD99 equally your Excel and then copy and paste page wise the data from Excel to SAP.

if your authorization settings allow you create ABAP code  in a production environment (S_DEVELOP authority), and you like some challenges as ABAPer,  then you can click the formula button and there the ABAP button and then you can add your ABAP coding.

I tried it once in a development environment  To fill a field by coding, you have to add coding to each field you want change. And since XD99 is a mass change tool, this coding applies to all customer numbers in the selection.

Young and naive I added coding for file upload.

XD99 processed it like designed by SAP, for each record, for each field

1000 record, 3 fields to change per record = 3000 uploads of a file with 1000 lines.

today I can about this and share the experience