cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing the Webdynpro Component While Closing the FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am calling a GAF FPM Application in my wdy component as a seperate URL using the below method

Getting the URL of the Application using the Construct_Wd_url method and passing the necessary parameters to it.

And Opening the application as new window as using the create_external_window method.

My Req is to when I am closing the new Window having the FPM Component by clicking on the FPM Close button. i need to refresh certain fields in the Main View of my Webdynpro Component.

PFA the screen Shot for the Main and Overview Window.

While Closing the FPM Window need to refresh the table entries in the main View Window.

I tried to call the methods in the FPM CLose button action but since they are in two differrnt Windows It didnt get the table refreshed in the main View.

Kindly Give some Suggestions.

Thanks,

Nalla B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are opening an external window, it is not possible to refresh the data. An Action must be triggered to refresh the data; So consider the following design approaches;

a) Creating a modal window instead of external window. or

b) Using exit plug calling the main application again in the same window of FPM application. or

c) creating a refresh button in the main WDA application and on action of refresh get the updated data.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Thanks for ur response.

I have a FPM Application which i need to open in new Window in my Webdynpro Application.

As of now I am using the URL of the Application to open it as an external WIndow, this causes some problem while refreshing the main Webdynrpo view While closing the FPM application window.

In the Main Webdypro view the refresh is not happeing since it is opening as an external WIndow.

If i open as a model window it may solve the issue. But Since i am using the URL if i open a model Window using the Window name it is not calling the FPM application.

Kindly give some suggestions or link to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Nalla B.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

You can achieve your requirement by using iFrame ui element inside a view and open a popup window  and on close action of popup window, you can refresh the MAIN component data.

I have  replied in detail of your thread in below link

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama