Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation and generating of a Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

My scenerio in brief

Have workflow getting launched when submitted in portal, there are 2 levels of Approvals designed in workflow.

Number has to be generated only after the 2nd Approval is provided and the sequence should be carried out.

Like 5 Materials are created

1   Approved by 2 Approvers  ___Number to be AB001

2   Approved by only first Approver, waiting for Approver 2 ____

3   Approved by 2 Approvers  ___Number to be AB002

4   Approved by 2 Approvers  ___Number to be AB003

5   Waiting at   first Approver,

Now the waiting materials are approved

2   Approved 2 Approvers___Number to be AB004

5   Approved 2 Approvers___Number to be AB005

Is this possible to set up in MDM?

Regards

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Since number generation in MDM happens only on syndication,you can simplify to syndicate only after approver 2 has approved.This can be controlled in the MDM workflow based on flag and branch steps.

Now coming to the generation of number -is your requirement to generate alphanumeric number?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Ravi

Thanks for your reply.

I have already my workflow ready and once the record checkedIn by the workflow, It is triggering the syndication.

As I am looking for Alphanumeric number generation, I am not sure If I can use Qualified number range in Console _ Remote System.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Thanks for prompt clarification.

Please refer to this doc for more details on Qualified no gen -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40155eaa-6437-2e10-afbc-de54b3132...

A similar thread with is here -

The main point here is we would have to create a workaround (not very robust) for generating Alphanumeric numbers in MDM or we can use Portal to our advantage for this (code based).

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your Reply.

Am aware of this Internal number range, But looking for Alphanumeric number to be assigned to a field with any workaround in MDM.

Regards

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shefali,

In cases where the number range depends lookups such as on the Account Groups (Vendor),the Material Types (material), we use Qualified lookup.So I am assuming you too would have something similar and the range defined here will be range of number to be generated.

To have alphanumeric number you will have to concatenate this number with the number generated.

What is the logic of the non -numeric part of the number?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

kindly create the workflow as per in the below imgaes, kindly try to create first "start > approve>stop in this order, if the output is not as you expected then you can try by "start>process>approve>stop".

If you want to apply this workflow for auto jobs, then you need to assign the designed workflow in the import map.

please let me know if you have any more issue.

Thank you

Rahul Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I dont see if you have given me any solutionto generate the Number range, which is the problem that am facing.

Regards

Shifali

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

sorry for the confusion,

As per to generate new alpha numeric number automatically,an assignment has to be created. I have created an assignment as per your scenario with help of Koride Sharma which may resolve your issue.

Just note if the autoid is 3 digits (i.e. 100 to 999) you can use the value as 3, but increase to 4 once the autoid is 4 digits (i.e. 1000 to 9999).

you can execute the assignment before trigerring the syndication.

Assignment :

workflow:

Output:

Thank you

Rahul