cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI Select Hierarchy Levels using BICS

Former Member
0 Kudos

To All,

We are currently running BI 4.0 w/ SP6 and have created BW Hierarcy variables to allow users to select level but it does NOT show using WebI.  Is there something I need to turn on or enable in BEx Query for the users to see this option.

Please suggest

DK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DK,

Believe it not this is normal behavior using BI 4.0 w/ SP6.  This ENHANCEMENT has been added as part of BI 4.1 upgrade within WebI.   If you upgrade to BI 4.1 you will see another objects in Query Results objects that will allow you to select the levels.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like now I have strong business case to push for the BI 4.1 upgrade.  Would you have more details of what other feature could be a key driver that I can use to push for the BI 4.1 upgrade.

DK

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DK,

For full list of features see link below for:

BI 4.1 Base & SP2

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_whats_new_en.pdf

I just noticed that the link also shows updates from SP2 as well now.

BI 4.1 w/ SP3

I would recommend waiting for BI 4.1 w/ SP3, coming later this month.  There are many more enhancements that could help you.

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

need to disagree on this one Ajay, member selector exists since at least BI4.0 FP03, Hierarchy node variables a lot longer than that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

That's not what I looking for.  If I choose one of the PARENTH properties, I can NOT choose levels. If do the same workflow using BEx Analyzer it works fine.   We have a DEV BI 4.1 w/ SP2 system and I am testing the option mentioned by Ajay.

DK

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, all right then.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor,

See the difference in level selection:

First with BI 4.0.6 (Not available)

Next with BI 4.1.x (Fully supported)

Please get proper explanation before disagreeing with someone.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Thanks for the extra work, I agree with your resolution.  That exactly what I was refering to, maybe I didn't use the correct techncial words, afterall I am only the BW backup

I will test out WebI reports on our test BI 4.1.2 later tonight after hours.

DK

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad on disagreeing Ajay, did not mean to sound harsh though, dont get it wrong, I enjoy that people like you engage in the community.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the hierarchy node variable selector, but how about the display of the hierarchy level in the Webi report columns? Is this capability supported in BI 4.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your variable is ready for input, then it will appear when refreshing the document.

Or do you mean the prompt selector while editing the query? If yes, then you only need a hierarchy, but without a hierarchy node variable. So you need to decide if you want to go for the member selector or hierarchy node variable.

The prompt selector has been there since at least BI4.0 FP03, so you have that already with BI4.0 SP06:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27703

Best regards,

Victor