cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM UI: How to hide fields in Create Engineering record screen?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an requirement, where I need to hide fields that are present in "Create Engineering Record" screen, I need only 4 to 5 fields among them I want remaining fields to be hidden.

Please kindly help me in achieving this.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks and regards,

Prathyusha Rudraraju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make Settings for Engineering Records -> Hidden Fields. For the init screen only the fields CHANGE_REASON, CHANGE_COORD, RELEASE_COORD or TARGET_DATE can be hidden. Another option is to use Status-Based Field Control. With that also the field DESCRIPTION can be hidden. For details see method GET_INIT_ECR_CREATE of ABAP class /PLMI/CL_ECR_NODE_PROFILES. Last resort is WDA admin personalization or a WDA enhancement.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prathyusha,

One could always consider adaptation technique including Configuration, Customization and in the end personalization

So if the your use case includes that fields needs to be hidden for all users and for all clients you should go for Configuration

and if it is only for selected clients you could go for Customization.

and if it is only for selected users you could go for personalization.

So make a new configuration of webdynpro component /PLMU/WDC_ECR_INIT and use that new configuration in the OIF Floorplan.

and after all FPM is built keeping this in mind that you could make changes via configuration rather than enhancing the webdynpro components.

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

As said I did personalization, Now I am planning to try out the configuration part.

Can you please help me on it.

Thanks,

Prathyusha Rudraraju

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusa ,

Open the initial sceen configuration in the FUILD ( configurator editor ) of the ECR

Copy that configuration to a new configuration . Then you shall do the desired changes in this new configuration and save this .

Then test your application.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prathyusha,

I assumed that you want some fields to be invisible for all scenarios so i suggested the option of configuration instead of enhancing the SAP Standard component.

and i would copy paste what i already wrote

"So if your use case includes that fields needs to be hidden for all users and for all clients you should go for Configuration

and if it is only for selected clients you could go for Customization.

and if it is only for selected users you could go for personalization "

I am sorry i completely overlooked that you want to achieve that as per user role, i would suggest you to read about Access Control Management, and revisit whether you want to change the UI or you dont want to display data as per user role and all those operations update create as per the role.

Impact of ACM on the Work with PLM Web UI - Authorizations and Access Control Context (PLM-WUI-APP-A...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is second post

and if you still think you want to manipulate the UI(hide some fields) as per role.

you could make multiple configuration as per possible scenarios and trigger the corresponding configuration based on the role and do remember to make that value as final (check the screenshot)

otherwise those fields would be rendered as hidden but a user can always override those using customization or personalization and purpose is lost.

Just for other possibilities you could make multiple variants in FPM Floorplans as well

Regards

Anurag Chopra

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyush,

1. Personalization

you can also hide them with personalization. You should click with a right mouse click and choose User Settings - Hide XY field. Next time when you launch Create Engineering it will be hidden.

You can hide columns as well like this or clicking on the Setting link on the right side of the table in the Engineering Record.

You can give this hint/guide to to the users.

2. Customizing

You can also set some of them as hidden in customizing:

Logistics - General - Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - PLM Web User Interface - Objects in PLM Web UI - Engineering Record - Make Settings for Engineering Records

A) select Engineering Record Type - Hidden Fields (for the Engineering Record header level)

B) select View Variants - Fields per View Variant (for the Engineering Record item level)

So development is not necessary needed.

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks so much.

I have tried using the Personalization and also the Customizing method and it worked for that particular user.

I want this to happen according to the ROLE we maintain for the users.

So that the user's under a ROLE will see only few fields.

Thanks,

Prathyusha Rudraraju

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyush,

you can do that with the view variants.

You need to assign the required view variants to the authorization object PLM_REC_VV using transaction PFCG. For example, you can assign the view variant SAP_ECR_ATTRIBUTES to the authorization object PLM_REC_VV, which is assigned to the role you want.

For each user, the list of view variants depends on the values available in the authorization object PLM_REC_VV subordinate to the role that is in turn assigned to the user.

Best regards

Tamas

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyush ,

You have to do custom development as I feel there is no option by which you can hide the fields in the initial screen .

You have to do some enhancements in the view of initial screen of the ECR object to hide the fields .

Thanks ,

Abhishek