cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Runner Custom Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deployed the File Runner Custom action block in our MII 14 sp 4 box.  In an SDN PDF, it has an example of a "ping" command which works fine as documented.  Wanting to test the capablities further, I have tried:

Command = dir

Arguments = c:\Temp

I comes back with "Cannot run program "dir".  "CreateProcess error=2."

Eventually want to use this action block to execute an "lpr" command to a printer.

Has anyone used this custom action block this way before?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I have used File Runner but in MII 12.2 to execute an .exe file on the server.

I followed the document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f82957-f539-2f10-439c-87cc192cb...

Can you check if this is still applicable for MII 14.0. Any specific issue you face that is not addressed?

Regards,
Saumya Govil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, that is the document I have been using for setup.  In the document it uses the ping command.  Ping is working fine in 14.

Thanks

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I think the way you write the command and Argument is incorrect.

We do like this:

Command = c:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe

Arguments = dir

Argument can be changed to another command you want to execute. The Command statement is used to find the command prompt in the server.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya Govil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good suggestion.  Was not thinking of it that way.  Still have the issue though.  Think it might be a version 14 opportunity.

Thanks

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I just checked and found that the example for invoking ping command given in the above referred document works fine on MII 14.0 SP04. (I tried ping on remote server)

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Elezabeth.  I too got the ping to work.  It's other commands I cannot get working.

For example, my goals is something like this:

lpr -S PLENLA52 -P LPRZ1 C:\SAPMIIData\PrintSpool\BLSTest.fmt

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After checking with Sam, he suggested we try executing a bat file that has my lpr command inside.

This worked for me.

Answers (0)