cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown menu buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made script buttons and also a drop down list. Is there a way to make the drop down list act like buttons to take me to specific transactions like the script buttons? Example I have buttons for Create Material, Change Material, and Display Material and instead of having 3 seperate buttons I would like to make those into one dropdown.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of a way to do what you're looking for, I'm afraid.

With a text box, you can link it to a script button so that changing a value and pressing <enter> will trigger the script. Since a custom dropdown starts with a text box I wondered if the same mechanism would work. Unfortunately, when you convert a text box to a dropdown list, the link to the script button is lost.

If you only want one of these dropdowns on a screen, you can convert the transaction code box to a dropdown. If you tick the "synchronize" checkbox for the dropdown, then selecting from the dropdown will immediately run the selected transaction. But you can't have two of these on a screen...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there is no real way to copy each of the individual below buttons scripts and then paste them into the individual "values" of the dropdown? Because yes I would want to do the same for the Conditions as well as the materials so yes I would want more than one drop down on the screens. Sorry I am very new to this. Thank you for helping!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right - as it stands right now, I don't think there's a way of doing what you want. If the link from textbox to script button was retained when the textbox was converted to a dropdown list, then it would be easy. That's a feature request for to consider

The closest you can get is to have a dropdown list and a "Go" button which copies the tcode from the dropdown list to the transaction code box to execute it.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help! I will see what I can do. I am not great shakes at the java part.