cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in :Posting keys for account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus,

please suggest the solution for the following problem.

we are selling two  types of materials, one is the  product material and the second one is the scrap material.Different type pricing procedures, sale order,delivery and billing types were configured for the same. For CST and VAT   same condition type  :"ZCST - for CST " and  ZVAT - for VAT" were used in both pricing procedure and the standard account keys : MW1 for ZCST and MWS for ZVAT  and  same G/L accounts configured .

.                                                   key combination for the condition types as mentioned below:

.                                                        ZCST:  Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl2Cust/TaxCl.2Mat

ZVAT: Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl1Cust/TaxCl.Mat

Now we want to capture  CST and VAT seperately for both the materails.For that two new account keys created and incorporated the same in scrap pricing procedure and  and new  G/Ls created and assigned .Now the system is throwing  following error while while releasing the billing document to accounting document.

Posting keys for account determination for transaction Z48 do not exist

Message no. F5598

here Z48 is the new accounting key created for  the  CST tax.We tried all the possibilities, but system is throwing the same error.

with regards

sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all, we have not Define the Transaction  for the Tax codes in OBCN, now it is solved. Thank U very much

regards

sam

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

""" Now we want to capture  CST and VAT seperately for both the materails.For that two new account keys created and incorporated the same in scrap pricing procedure and  and new  G/Ls created and assigned """

Where you assigned at Pricing(Accounting key/Accruals) in V/08.

Have you activated accruals field for these condition types in V/06.

Have you assigned the Posting keys correctly for this Accounting key?(Take help from your FI guy)

(IMG>>Fin Accounting new>>Fin.Accounting Basic settings(new)>>Document>>Define posting keys)

Can you please elaborate on your requirement of Capturing VAT/CST amounts?

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for ur response.Now it is solved when OB40 and OBCN maintained.Here I am facing a new problem.pl. provide the solution.we configured twoseperate  pricing procedures for our product and scrap material.We have configured same condition types for VAT(ie.condition type:ZVAT) and CST(cond type:ZCST), in both pricing procedures. Now We want to maintain  seperate condition types for VAT and CST for pricing procedure for Product material and Scrap material. I have created two new condition types for scrap sales ZSCT- cst for scrap and ZSVT-vat for scrap by copying the same from existing conditions ZCST & ZVAT, and the same is included in the scrap pricing procedure. And also maintained OB40,OBCN,OVK1,OVK3,OVK4, FTXP,FV11 and VK11.

now I am facing the following problems.

1. while creating the Material master & customer master, in tax category sub screen all conditions i.e. conditions defined for  product material( ZCST,ZVAT) and defined for scrap material (ZSCT, ZSVT) displaying and these are compulsory fields.

2. While creating the sale order for scrap material, system is considering the TAX classes from ZVAT/ ZCST (defined for product material) and taking the condition value from the condition type ZSVT/ ZSCT with the TAX class values of  ZVAT/ZCST.

Now I would like to know is there any procedure  to assign the Material type and Customer group to Tax category.

Thanks & Regards

sam

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

is the Account key Z48 maintained in transaction OB40 ?
If so please check if is present in table T030B.
Best regards,
Ivano.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now we want to capture  CST and VAT seperately for both the materails

One correction to your above comment.  CST or VAT would be determined in sale order / billing based on delivering plant's region and ship to region and not based on material.  So first check whether tax classification is correctly maintained both in ship to and material master.  Also, in order to post to different G/Ls, instead of  Account Key, you can very well differentiate by having different tax code.  Explore this option and try.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u very much for responding.I got the solution by Define the Transaction  for the Tax codes in OBCN.Now I am exploring to create separate tax conditions for the product material and for the scrap material as "ZVAT- vat for product material,ZCST- cst for product material and ZSVT-vat for scrap, ZSCT- cst for scrap. Now the problem is both condition types are displaying and mandory fields while creating the material master and creating the customer master. is there any procedure to assign "sequence number of Tax categories by country " to the material type and account group

regards

samdani