cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Transport of Copies

Former Member
0 Kudos

We’re moving our transport of copies to QA for our project. Each normal change contains multiple transport requests. If errors are encountered during the transport move I switch the ZMMJ back to “In Development”, assign a new transport request (to fix the error), and then pass it back to test. This creates another transport of copies for all of the transport requests assigned to the ZMMJ, even though there is nothing wrong with the original transport of copies (which in most cases has not yet been imported to QA). Is there a way to avoid this so that we don’t have so many unnecessary transport of copies? When I possible I do use the New Test Transport button, but there have been a few occassions when this did not work and I had to pass the ZMMJ back to test to have a new transport of copies generated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Perhaps you can use the Defect Correction option to fix the errors you encounter during the testing.

Process Details Change Request Management - Defect Correction

In this way, you can avoid the resetting of  Normal Change to In development again and again. Defect Correction txn type (SMTM) is designed for this specific purpose.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Vivek. We have started using the Create Test Transport option when the ZMMJ is In Development status. This does not require us to change the status of the ZMMJ, which creates a transport of copies for all of the transports assigned to that ZMMJ.

Cheers,

Shawn

Answers (0)