cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant edit my solution in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I moved a database for 1 of my systems to a new host.  There for I had to create a new technical system  for the system.

Now I need to add this new system to my solution.  This is where I am stuck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add the new system in the applicable Logical Component in SMSY.

Come back to the "Solution" You can select the "Logical Component" and check "Where Used". if the specific system is used in some solar01 documentation, you have to replace these systems with the new system. Likewise check where else this old system is used and replace all. After you have replaced all "uses" of this system, you can delete it from the Logical component and have your new one retained.

Regards,

Ranjith Raghunathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found where they are used , but i´m not sure how I can replace ibp200 with the new system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vioar,

You have bit of a work as in you have to go into solar01 on the project that is shown eg: HCM_MAINT (there are 3 projects showing up), and the solutions. You can click on the top on solar01 -> Edit -> Replace Log. Components and then provide the old and new Log. Component.

Alternately, you could go into Log. Components on SMSY and redefine the system role of the current system to say old_<> and have a new system with the current and relevant role assigned to it and carry on with your activity.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vioar,

Change in system groups and logical component tab. Select your product and logical components and change it. What is your solution manager version.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new component but when I go into solar01 I dose not show up there ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vioar,

First you should update the system in solar_project_admin for the given project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tx for the help this did solve it for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vioar, Great! please do set inputs as "Helpful" or "Correct" as is the practice to promote SCN

juan_dearellano
Participant
0 Kudos

You must to do in SMSY if you are in SP10 or previous versions.

Please, go ahead:

• SMSY
  • System Groups and Logical Components
    • Search your Logical Component
    • Change it there if you have performed the previous steps, I mean:
      • The system apears in SMSY
      • You have assigned a technical System. You can do it via LMDB

Kind regards

Juan de la Cruz Arellano Royo

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Product System name changed? If so, did you already completed the Managed Configuration Wizard?

Regards,

MM