cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to make system entry mandatory in a request???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to check if I can make use of EUP and make "system" entry as mandatory in access request. in EUP, there is field "Roles" which can be used to make it as mandatory. However, I have not found any entry like this for systems!

What I want is, user must select at one system in his request before submitting. This will prevent duplication of users creation in back end systems if they are already available (using "Create User" and "Assign Object" actions for new request type).

Can any one advise me how I can make this system entry in a request mandatory?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have found that even if you update a user via a Create user request, the id is not overwritten.

Also, the system is treated as a line item like the roles In ARQ. If you want system only requests, you need to ensure you have a path set up to deal with the approval of the system line item.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harinam,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in updating this.

Actually I am using two types of request:

1. New Account (with create user and assign object actions)

2. Change Account (with assign object action)

What I want is, if a requester selects "New Account" request type for a user who is already available in the target system, system should notify the requester about this and should prompt him to select "Change Request" request type.

Currently, if I select role and system, it gives error message saying that "user already exists". This way I can come to know that user is already available.

But if by mistake requester does not select system and submits request after selecting and adding SAP roles in a request, system does not object and allows to select "New Account" request type and simply add a role!

This is quite confusing. If requester wants to add/remove roles from a user, he should select "Change Account" request type but not "New Account" request type.

Can anybody please help me accommodate this?

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

are you using CUA in your organization? I had similar concern but since we are using CUA with the correct settings a user will not be created twice.

Regards,
Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

No, we are not using CUA.