Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries not displayed in QE51N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange case with transaction QE51N

In the selection screen of QE51N, I have provided the plant and removed all other selections except number of hits and the layout.

For all other plants I got entries in QE51N excpet one plant XXXX.

If I give XXXX then it will say no entries diaplyed. But if I check by giving date range or material number for the same plant, it will work.

I wonder why this happens for only plant XXXX while rest all plants have entries without giving date range or material details in the selection screen.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try increasing the number of hits or remove it entirely.  It can influence what gets displayed.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yes, if we increase the no.of hits or remove entierly, lots are being displayed.

But I would like to know why the no.of hits has influence on it? Also, the same number of hits worked for other plants but not for plant XXXX.

Would you be please help me understand this?

Thanks!

Deepthi

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's stupid really.  It's must be the way the programmer wrote the code.  But basically the system uses a subset of the selection criteria up to the number of hits allowed.  I.e. if hits are set at 500 records, it first gets 500 records, (inspection lots).  (I believe it's only using the selection profile and maybe date range at this point, not the plant, material, batch, etc.. selection values)

It THEN applies the selection criteria to those records only.  As a result you get unwanted records in the first pass and if your plant doesn't happen to have it's lots in that first 500 records, you won't have any records to put the selection criteria against.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Closing the thread since workaround is there for this issue.

Regards,
Deepthi

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Please select Layout '1SAPQE51N' in inspection lot selection 'Material' Tab and remove all other selections in other Tab & fields.

Please also ensure that there should not be any dynamic selection active while running QE51N by above selection.

Please check & revert.

Regards,

Atul Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Layout '1SAPQE51N' in inspection lot selection 'Material' Tab is selected and removed all other selections in other Tab & fields. No Dynamic selections are active.

I have issue with only one plant XXXX. All other plants with the same selection are giving data in QE51N. Only for XXXX, im getting "No entries found". But for the same plant if I give material details or date range, lots will be displayed.

Deepthi

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi,

Check below points and execute again:

1. Do not use any variant.

2. Check if any selection option is maintained for Plant.

3. Check Plant and Char. Filter values for below attached screenshot

If you get the same message again, share screenshot with us.

I strongly feel there has to be some minor mistake while inputting selection screen.

Amol.

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Take SU53 screen shot and check if there is any authorization issue.

Ramagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

No issue with Authorization. We have already checked for auth issue and had put trace as well. But nothing was found.

The selection screen in all the cases is same. But the issue is with only one plant.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepthi

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Are you getting the data for the plant XXXX in QA33 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramagiri

Yes, data is there in QA33 too.

Deepthi

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

If in QA33 you are able to see then it should display in QE51N. Authorization issue is ruled out. As experts have already suggested try to keep all field blank and execte except plant and let us know your findings.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri