cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQ tolerance key

0 Kudos

I have maintained the DQ tolerance key in CUSTOMIZING in the foll path : Materials management ----> Logistics Invoice verification -----> Invoice Block ------> Set Tolerance limits.

For DQ, I have set 30 INR as the upper limit ( absolute value )

Documentation for the following tolerance key:

DQ: Exceed amount: quantity variance

If a goods receipt has been defined for an order item and a goods receipt has already been posted, the system multiplies the net order price by (quantity invoiced - (total quantity delivered - total quantity invoiced)).

If no goods receipt has been defined, the system multiplies the net order price by (quantity invoiced - (quantity ordered - total quantity invoiced)).

The system compares the outcome with the absolute upper and lower limits defined.

This allows relatively high quantity variances for invoice items for small amounts, but only small quantity variances for invoice items for larger amounts.

You can also configure percentage limits for the quantity variance check. In this case, the system calculates the percentage variance from the expected quantity, irrespective of the order price, and compares the outcome with the percentage limits configured.

The system also carries out a quantity variance check for planned delivery cost

My scenario :

Order Qty = 10 kg

Order Price = 20 INR  per 1 KG.

GR Quantity = 5 kg

Invoiced Quantity = 3 KG

Next time MIRO has to be done for remaining 2 KG. But suppose we do invoice verification for 3 Nos. ie We are performing MIRO for 1 number more than what has actually been received

So, according to the above calculation,

system will calculate  = 20 * (3 – ( 5 – 3 ) )= 20 * 1 = 20 INR. This 20 INR is less than the 30 INR maintained in Customizing. But I am still getting the error message " Quantity invoiced greater than goods receipt Quantity". Why is this so ? Can somebody provide some light into the issue ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note:  1700073 - MIRO: Error message M8 504 without quantity check

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

The Tolerance Key DQ is working fine after I removed "GR based IV" indicator tick mark in the PO.

Pl refer note 1700073 mentioned above.

Thanks all..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi All,

All the tolerance keys except DQ are working fine. I do not know where else the setting has been done..I have tried again with the same setting

PO Order Quantity = 5 KG

GR quantity = 5 KG

Order price = 20 INR per 1 KG

MIGO 101 movement = 5 KG

MIRO

Quantity = 6 kg

so system has to calculate

" 20 INR ( order price ) X ( 6 - ( 5 - 0 ) )" = 20 INR.

I have given 30 INR as the upper limit. Again the error message "Quantity invoiced greater than goods receipt Quantity" is popping up.

I guess I need to check other controls too. Once I get the solution, I will post it here

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cross check you DQ tolerance limit settings..

I have checked the scenario.. Its working fine with only DQ upper tolerance limit..

You can post the screen shot for tolerance limit screen shot..

Also try to disable all other tolerance limit (Just for checking)..

(Note: before disable other tolerance, please note all limit and check box)

Because I have removed all other tolerance limit instead of DQ.. Its working..

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logic for DQ (and GRbasedIV)  is explained in  KBA 1933251 - MRBR: System logic and determination for quantity variance.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have done the same configuration..

I haven't face the error when I am trying to do IR for 3 qty...

When I am trying to post 3.600 and amount 72. Then system shows the message.. But amount is under/equal 70, system allow to do IR..

Check your Tolerance limits settings..

You post the screen shot for tolerance limit settings..

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have seen the above settings

1. Check limit  ticked

2. AN/AP both not being used here. ie Do not check has been ticked

3. No vendor specific tolerances defined in Customizing

4. It is an error message only (red)

5. GR based IV ticked in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

If GR IV is check it will not allow any posting of invoice above the GR qty... of course.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System will allow to post IR more than GR quantity although Gr-bsd IV ticked in PO.. It reads the check limit for DQ tolerance limit...

0 Kudos

Please check if the GR-Bsd IV is checked in your PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI let's light on a candel...

Did u set the set check field on your limit ?

Do you other holds on like AN / AP for item check ?

Did you check your vendor that you do not have specific vendor tolerances ?

Are u sure it's an error msg (red) ? not a warning (yellow)?

sorry for these basic checks but that's a good start...