Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check NFS folder access

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are folders created in PI Server and need to check whether PI has a access for these folder to pickup or drop a file.

Is there any utility tools available in PI to check this like checking FTP folder access.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani - I don't think it uses the SAP users/the user you mentioned in the channel(in fact there won't be such option ) instead it uses the Operating system user.

Also i'm not sure if you can make use of file zilla as it's not an FTP server.

However i just want to share the usernames so that your basis can help in checking the user access.

If you got Windows server then user would be SAPService<SID>/ <sid>adm for Unix

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You can use FileZilla to check the permissions for FTP access.

From SAP screen you can use AL11 tcode.

Another option is you can do the dummy poling by giving your FTP host/user/password in your sender comm channel so that you will get error if you have any proble,.

Thanks,

Naveen

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is new PI box and still decision is not made that who can create a SLD objects, hence can't create a Dummy scenario to poll the folder using Channel.

Also I think accessing Folder using Filezila will not confirm that PI can access the folder(Correct me if I am wrong) and Client will not agree to install any software.

Is there any tcode to check the folder access through ABAP stack? and checking folder access through ABAP stack will confirm the folder access through Channel?

PI version 7.31

Regards,

Mani

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a dummy scenario (ICO) with one BusinessComponent (e.g. BC_Test_Access, no need for SLD entry). Create two communication channels, one pointing to a directory where you know you have access (sender) and one to the directory where you want to test the access (receiver).

Activate and place a file on the sender directory. If it is picked up and wriiten to the target, you know PI has write access. To complete it, switch the source and target directory path and set Processing Mode to Delete.

Activate. If the file has been picked up and deleted, you know that PI has delete authorization as well.

The service interfaces you need to fill in the ICO configuration do not have to exist. You can just fill in something manually e.g. SI_TestFile_out and SI_testFile_IN.

It works. I used it many times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>>This is new PI box and still decision is not made that who can create a SLD objects, hence can't create a Dummy scenario to poll the folder using Channel.

Creating dummy file to file by pass scenario doesn't require SLD objects.

Don't get confused as this is simple requirement .You could able to access folder using NFS protocol provided that folder path/root path is maintained in AL11 .

No need to install filezilla  in PI server machine .You can it in any other machine in LAN provided telnet service is enabled in PI server machine .

Even you can check the folder access using telnet without any front end tools

telnet yourpihostname

username/password  (use os level credentials)

cd folderpath  .If you don't have access then it throws error saying you don't have access.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For giving access BASIS/Unix team should maintain the path in AL11 tcode .

Use filezilla/Winsap front end tools to check for access .

Log in with your OS level user or user used in file channel and then right click on that particular folder and check the read and write permissions

Regards

Venkat