cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to edit Z-WDP Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone let me know can we build authorization on Z-WDP Component same as Standard Component?.

I.e i have a requirement where i need to build in logic that the WDP components which are developed by one user cannot be edited/modifed by other user untill he has got an authorization....It is possible in WDP ?.

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Also, check the below link regarding authorization control for WD services.

SAP Library - Editing Roles and authorizations for WD Services

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Followed the steps as per your above link and found WDP is obsolete .

Thanks

KH

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh...

I never got your requirement  ... I think locking transport requests could help you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is when we try to edit any standard wdp component, it gives us error and we need access key to edit/modify it.

The same thing i need to achieve in Z-WDP components. Say If User-1 developed Z-WDP component, the User-2 cannot edit/modify it .Is there any way to achive this functionality?.

Thanks

KH

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

You need to enhance the method CHANGE_DISP_EDIT of class CL_WDY_WB_COMPONENT

You can achieve your requirement as below

• Go to class CL_WDY_WB_COMPONENT and open method CHANGE_DISP_EDIT and click on enhance
  • Write the code for authorization check as below

Note: we are controlling at component level here and still view layout changes are allowed. Similarly you need to enhance for views and windows

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

When i click on enhance button, i cannot see any enhancement where i can write the code.PFB the snapshot.

Thanks

KH

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those are implicit enhancements. Use menu, show implicit enhancement and create an implementation at the beginning of method.

Note that, It will effect for all other users not for your particular project.

Regards,

Kiran

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Please refer the below points to go ahead

• Open the method CHANGE_DISP_EDIT, and choose menu path : Method--->enhance, here you need to create your enhancement implementation name
  • Now, go to menu path : Edit--->Enhancement Operations--->Show Implicit Enhancement Options, you can see the lines of enhancements inside the method """"""""""""""
  • Place the cursor on first line of implicit enhancement point and choose menu path : Edit--->Enhancement Operations--->Create

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyway it is not possible to edit/change ZWDP component of other user directely.

If you want to do this first you need to change the ownership of the object.

Regards

shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jani,

what you are saying is inaccurate. custom objects can be edited by others. when you open a custom object created by another user, you will be prompted to be added to the same change request.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No.

Z-WDP Component same as Standard Component?.

For standard components you can enhance/edit ( using acess key) . The access key is a standard check.

For Z- Component, you cannot put this, instead; save the Z.Component in a separate Transaport and Lock the transport, so that other users cannot edit your Custom Z Component!

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you pls guide me how to achive this?..

Thanks

KH

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE09, and select your Transport request, Then in menu, Request/Task -> Request -> Protect ( or Press CTRL + F2). However this only protects the request.

Check with your basis team to set the Request lock for not allowing other sub tasks, so that other users cannot save their modifications to your custom object.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran