Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement for Internal and Customer Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to SAP PS.

I have a R&D project(Internal Project) and a Customer project. I know internal project is treated as  Asset and settled as AUC, but can we settle it in any other way apart from cost center and GL account.

Then what about Customer project. I want to know how can we settle these both project and what are the setting and what are settlement rules used for settling Internal and Customer project?

Please need your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Roshan Malaruthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for reverting and for sharing your knowledge.

Can you please elaborate and explain what setting and configuration changes we have to do to configure system for both type of Int and Cust Project.

How can we collaborate with SD or CO, FI module before Settlement.

Thanks and Regards,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I think it can't be described in just one post. You should search in the forum and study about it. If you face any error/problem during config then only lock the problem.

Anyways I am referring a link for your help:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=35769

Regards

Shishir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Internal/Investment project, you can settle all actual line items of CJIC/CJI3 to AUC then final settle capitalized items of AUC to FXA i.e. on fixed Asset using final settlement rule.

Note: You can also use GL Account or Cost Center here for settlement receiver.

Before doing this, you need to configure investment & settlement Profile. And assigned them to your Project Profile.

For Customer Project, As Santosh said is correct, you have to use Profitability Segment as settlement receiver. Just select PSG as default Obj type in settlement profile.

Also refer the link below for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a9/ab7770414111d182b10000e829fbfe/content.htm?frame...

Regards

Shishir

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Customer project will have to settle to Profitability segment if COPA is activated

in the settlement profile, you will have default Object type as PSG  in which your WBS cost is settled to Profitability segment WBS being a sendor and Profitability segment being a receiver of cost

If you dont have COPA activated then you can settle to SDI ( sales order line item)

hope it is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

in settlement profile take all the receiver and once it done create project,wbs e.t.c..

post the entries and assign settlement rule in any wbs wbs only then system will settle the values into respective wbs/project only.

Regards,

Raman