cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation in VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want a restriction in VF01 transaction via user exit or badi where system will not allow to generate bill no if maximum line of FI is reached.

I tried to write this in RV60AFZZ where I checked total line count of XVBRP and if it is above 99 lines system is showing error message.

but for few invoices where line items are 80-90, for those invoices also not allowing to post accounting documents.

waiting feedback from yours if I can restrict users on above conditions.

regards

SP Shukla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Addition Mr LakshmiPathiji Comments--Have you assigned VBRK/VBRP--routine 6 in VTFL.

Pl Update.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

written validation in RV60AFZZ to restrict the users

regards

SP Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shukla,

check the copycontrol between Delivery to Invoice(VTFL) and Item level TAN check Data VBRK/VBRP=351

.i think need to make changes in 351 routine.check with your Abaper.

Regards,

Rakesh rahul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know whether you want to restrict the number of line items in SD or FI.  If you want to restrict in billing document, standard config is available.  On the other hand, if you want to restrict in FI, then you need to post this in FI forum.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

want to restrict in SD in VF01 at the time of post event, if maximum number of line error occur system will not allow user  to save the bill with error message, tried with RV60AFZZ but unable to find the exact position where I can write the code that when this situation occur during posting user will be not allow to save the invoice. Plz revert if any std config or any exit available for this scenario.

regards,

SP Shukla.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the below IMG path

SD > Billing > Billing Docs > Country specific features > Maintain Maximum Number Of Billing Items

and set the maximum line items you want in one billing document.  But please note this will have impact at Sales Organization level and if you have multiple billing document types for a sales organization, then this restriction is applicable to all those billing document types.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I tried this above by maintaining 999 lines for the sales org. still I am getting error of maximum line in FI reached. Plz revert if I can achieve via restriction in VF01 transaction for future.

regards

SP Shukla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your original post, you said 99 line items and now you had indicated 999.  Please let me know exactly where you need to control.  Needless to mention, for the said error, you need to try from FI side and not from SD side.  For information, for each line item in SD, there would be two line items posted in FI.  Hence, you need to spell out clearly.  As I already indicated, if the requirement is to have restrict the number of line items in FI, then have a discussion with your FI consultant.

You can also have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents
  • Note 1497092 - AC interface: Posting split in FI for incoming invoices

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

it is 999 lines, mistakenly written as 99 lines.

above notes I already checked but due to business process we can not do as per notes.

I need validation from SD side in VF01 transaction where if acct document is not going to be generate for any bill no due to maximum FI lines  reached (message) system wont allow user to save that bill.

Tried to write validation in RV60AFZZ to count lines of XVBRP if it is 999 then system will show error and will not allow to save the bill. But I think 999 lines includes all condition types. I am not able guide abaper to check this event of 999 error (maximum no of line item FI reached)

waiting revert for possible way out to incorporate the restriction in VF01 t code.

regards

SP Shukla

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find out what is the maximum line items that can be created for a billing document on the FI side, by checking the number of pricing condition types that can be passed to accounting. Then divide that condition type from 999 to find the number of line items that can be maintained in the billing document. Then provide the details to ABAP'er to write the code in the user exit.

above notes I already checked but due to business process we can not do as per notes.

I am not clear on due to business process, as the solution can be possible by applying the note. Is there any restriction from FI side?

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The billing document can have upto 999 line items per standard and not sure why want to restrict to 99 lines. Can you check OSS  1483198 - Error F5 727 "Maximum number of items in FI reached" when releasing invoice to accounting....of any help to your requirement?

Regards,