cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Standard" options from the WebUI search filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured the YMCR and Y**** transaction types for RFC, Urgent, Normal and other Changes.

I have removed the SMCR transaction type for standard from dno_cust/04 and I do not see the standard transaction type anywhere now except for all of them showing up in the drop down Menu of the Search filter.

Can you please advise how to remove these?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

I had the same issue. I check the object CRM_ORD_PR as Prakhar suggested us.

But the issue was still not resolved. After that,

I was investigating and I tried to restrict the object CRM_ORD_LP,

and my issue has been fixed. This object is present in

some roles (ZSAP_SOCM_ADMIN, ZSAP_SOCM_REQUESTER, ZSAP_SOCM_CHANGE_MANAGER, ZSAP_SOCM_DEVELOPER, ZSAP_SOCM_TESTER, ZSAP_SOCM_IT_OPERATOR

)

I restricted in all of them.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Ernesto Salvanes

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

Because I am assuming that below is commonly known while configuring such setup

UC00036 - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

we have preference of security checks in CRM based upon authority objects and there is always a defined sequence in which these are checked by system so it is not just one authorization object but multiple objects which are checked in a sequence.

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ranjith,

One easier way to achieve is via Authoirization's

kindly check the role and object CRM_ORD_PR in this role

here only maintain the Y* transaction type and remove standard one's

this way you can't see them(std one's) anywhere as you are not authorized.

this will resolve

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I tried to restrict the object as suggested, but the issue is still not resolved.

Can you please think of anything else?

Regards,

Ranjith

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Can you make sure via SUIM that this object is not assigned via some other role to the user.

there are other ways but if something can be achieved easily why you need to put extra efforts for the same.

Unless someone authorized for SMCR should only see ZMCR for example and if this is not working then there is something definitely wrong because from business point of view if I have multiple customer and multiple transaction type I can view all which is not correct.

I have done this for single and VAR scenario so know that this works.

Or alternative

Create a test user assign only few roles(relevant one's) to this user check it &  it must work

e.g. I have logged on using the standard user CH_CM_SID of the system which is created via standard solman_setup and output is shown below for searching change request...........it shows only Z*

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Let me try again, I almost have played around with most objects and SUIM but have not yet been able to find out which is the specific object that will help remove this at the "Search" level.

My colleagues say it is not possible to remove the standards and after seeing your screenshot, I am going to try one more time.

Any helpful leads further available will be awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Ranjith

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

I have implemented for several customer myself  so this is not a dummy screenshot from my own system

I would rather suggest to connect with security person who can help you with on the object search part of it

Try one thing....create a new user assign very few roles(only important ones') which are relevant and then see the difference

Thanks

Prakhar