cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI disconnect if stays idle for 1-2 minutes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing SAP GUI disconnection. SAP GUI disconnect if stays idle for 1-2 minutes even if profile parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout = 900 & rdisp/max_wprun_time = 99999. When I trace it in SM21 it give log "Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)." Our SAP Server version is SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4 Oracle 10.2.4 & facing this with all sap gui version. If any body have solution for this, please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Kunjir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Are you running SAP GUI 7.30 patch level 8?  We had an issue with disconnections and I found several SAP Notes like 1954214 which point to a kernel issue.

Now, you didn't mention what Desktop Operating System you are running the SAP GUI on.  This is important if you read sapnote 1863623-SAP GUI Disconnect Messages Close Problem on Windows 7.

What fixed our issue was recycling network switches but I would definitely review the appropriate SAP Note's specific to disconnections.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. We are using SAP GUI 7.20. Desktop OS are Windows XP, 7.

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Kunjir

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

SAPGUI 7.20 what is the patch level? if the patch level is low better you can apply the patch minimum level to 13 and about.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Thanks for the reply. Is it necessary to to apply patches? Because previously it was working fine with the same GUI serup.

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Kunjir

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, time to time you have to check the latest patch availability in Service market place. for SAPGUI 7.20 it require minimum patch level 13 and above, apply the patch and then check

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to install SAP GUI 7.30, update you once it resolve.

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Kunjir

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It better to apply the SAPGUI 7.30 patch either level 5 or 8

Regards

Sriram

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

I have attached a note for your review relating to the connection
between SAPGUI and Application server being lost - see note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/21971

If the front-end  displays a popup with a reference to a
terminated connection, this is a sure sign of network problems.

If the SAP window disappears without leaving any messages, this
    indicates a problem with the SAPGUI.

Please let us know what is the happening in your particular case.

From the above mentioned errors it does look like a Network error.

Please get your network team to verify that there are no physical
problems with your network.  You can also test the network by using
the NIPING tool ad per attached note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/500235

I have also attached some notes that you may find useful

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/559119      Call disconnections in the syslog or dev_rd
         http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/413330       Network timeouts

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jude,

Thanks for the reply. As you mention front end displays a popup with reference to terminated connection. When I check logs in SM21. It gives following error.

Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)

Details

Recording at local and central time........................ 18.03.2014 15:59:17

Task...... Process    User...... Terminal Session TCode Program Cl Problem cl                   Package

04064      Dispatcher                                                               K  SAP Web AS Problem STSK

Further details for this message type

Module nam      Line           Error text     Caller....      Reason/cal

nixxi.cp             4436        recv10054      NiIRead         recv

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Kunjir