cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIMODINI step after RIMODGEN &RIMODAC2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a background Job running with multiple steps for the Generation(RIMODGEN) and Activation(RIMODAC2) of all Inetgration Models in our Supply Chain.

But, however, RIMODINI(step no.65) is being done for only one variant of a particular IModel that too after RIMODGEN(step No.41) and RIMODAC2(step no.42)

1. Is this the correct process?

2. What will be the impact if the step for RIMODINI is removed?

----------------------

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Let me give you a little bit background info that you need first to understand the difference between delta and initial CIF & their purpose. This will help you understand what is the ideal/recommended process.

Delta: RIMODGEN & RIMODAC2

Initial: RIMODGEN & RIMODINI(Do not check Only Active Model setting)

Delta as the name indicates is used to send new data records for the objects in IM.

Initial is used to force send all the data records for objects in IM irrespective of changes or new.

Ideally you need to execute RIMODINI for every master data object (Exclude Plants) weekly once preferably during weekend (not for transaction data). The reason for this is CIF is not capable of capturing change pointers for all the types of changes and has inherent limitations.

Ex: PPM - No change pointers are created for Phantom Assembly & Reference operation set changes.

Another good example is when a BOM component is made APO irrelevant, it doesn't create a change pointer for PV.

Also I see that you are using background jobs for CIF, using Process chains is a more efficient and flexible way to schedule CIF jobs.

Now to answer your second question, the impact if RIMODINI is removed. For this you need to understand for what object that you are executing RIMODINI is it materials, workcenter or PPMs. The possible reasons could be that the object has customizations that they cannot capture change pointers for and performing an initial is the only was to keep the systems in sync. My advice to you would be to understand all the customizations for the objects in the RIMODINI variant and perform unit testing to see if change pointers are created for all the APO relevant fields. If the test is successful then you don't need an initial transfer step.

Please keep in mind, performing a complete master data initial over the weekends does more good than you can imagine even though it is performance intensive.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Vinoth Arumugam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

There will be no impact to your process if you remove RIMODINI in your daily steps. You can run RIMODINI weekly once for master data to overcome if any inconsistencies between ECC and APO master data.

Rg,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally RIMODINI is used to do an initial transfer, while RIMODGEN/RIMODAC2 to transfer only delta changes (more fast). So if you delete RIMODINI as step, you cancel the initial transfer of data.

Now understand if is correct or not depend by your model:

• in same cases is enough have only RIMODGEN/RIMODAC2 because i want to transfer only delta change
  • in other cases i want every day/week an initial transfer of data so use RIMODINI (after RIMODGEN/RIMODAC2)
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

RIMODINI the meaning is data will be transferred  in initial mode.

In RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 only delta change will get transferred.

To do the initial transfer , active IM should be exists, hence RIMODINI is used after RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2.

Br

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You mention that you use RIMODINI in step 65 of a batch job. What objects is it being used for?Expert Raja is right in saying that there should not be any impact in removing RIMODINI. However, there are a lot of moving parts in CIF depending upon the number of integration models, block sizes, parallelization, etc. Sometimes RIMODINI is put in as a bandaid to "make sure" that all data is transferred. Someone in your group found that CIF "worked better" when RIMODINI was added so it was made part of the job. As Raja said, you don't really need it and it would save time if you didn't have it. That said, before I would remove it, I would do a careful analysis of why it was put in in the first place.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad.

Basically report RIMODINI allows you to do initial transfer of certain master data without Deactivating the associated integration model.

I feel there should not be any impact if you remove RIMODINI from your process chain if you have maintained the same data in your  integration models for which you run Reports RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2.

Usage of RIMODINI depends on requirement, pls refer note 533755

you can go through the below thread, similar question was asked

Experts pls reply if i am wrong.

Regards

Raja kiran