cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'payload'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our PI is getting data from WebSphere MQ and pushing to SAP. So our sender CC is JMS and receiver is Proxy. Our PI version is 7.31.

Our connectivity between the MQ is success but getting the following error while trying to read the payload.

Text: TxManagerFilter received an error:

[EXCEPTION]

1. java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'payload'

at com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.core.channel.filter.ConvertJmsMessageToBinaryFilter.filter(ConvertJmsMessageToBinaryFilter.java:73)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.core.channel.filter.MessageFilterContextImpl.callNext(MessageFilterContextImpl.java:204)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.core.channel.filter.InboundDuplicateCheckFilter.filter(InboundDuplicateCheckFilter.java:348)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.core.channel.filter.MessageFilterContextImpl.callNext(MessageFilterContextImpl.java:204)

I have searched SDN but couldn't fix it. Please provide your suggestion.

With Regards

Amarnath M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Where exactly you are getting this error?

If you are getting at JMS Sender communication channel, try to stop and start the JMS communication channel and see the status, also use XPI Inspector to get the exact error log.

for reference follow below blogs:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

Getting error in JMS Sender Communication Channel. I tried stop & start. I recreated CC. But no luck. Facing the same.

But the strange thing is my channel is successfully connected with MQ. I am able to receive the file. And this exception occurs.

I am attaching the XPI Inspector error log also.

With Regards

Amarnath M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Did you check the inbound payload whether any data is present or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

Earlier the interface and connectivity was working fine. But suddenly this happens. Now the connection is success and we are receiving the file also. Payload having data also..              

With Regards

Amarnath M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Have you done cache refresh?, if possible try to restart JMS Adapter services in NWA under JAVA EE serivices, I think this is something cache issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

Refresh cache also. But no luck. We tried creating a dummy queue and do testing. Dummy queue is working fine. Even channel is pinging correctly.

With Regards

Amarnath M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

As you mentioned it is happening unexpectedly in the system, try to make dummy changes in the communication channel and re-activate. If problem still persists last option is java stack restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

I inactive the channel and checked but no luck. Restarted also, facing same issue. We are getting only exception in CC Monitoring. But in Message Monitoring no message in Error tag.

Really it is a strange. Receiving the message in Moni also.

Usually the time stamp in CC monitoring will change.. Am i right?

But for this case, no time stamp changes. Getting same time stamp for all the 30 lines.

With Regards

Amarnath M