Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquire authorization setting in material no. control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Could you advice how to limit "create" or "change" activity for user under the following situation?

Situation: some particular user can create or change that particular material number under the same material type and same plant.

Rdgs,
Emily

11 REPLIES 11

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily

Have you read up on the M_MATE* authorisations objects - especially M_MATE_MAR and M_MATE_WRK. Do you mean material master data?

Not entirely sure what your issue is here - perhaps you can elaborate after you have done some research?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Sorry I think I didn't mention in detail. Actually I want to limit the activity in a particular material number which assign in particular material group. e.g.: material group; 305 in dump screen, I want user not allow to enter this material number in group 305.

Is there any object are also need to setup. Because I try to set M_MATE_MAR as display only in group 306 (dump screen). But I still can access group 305. Could you kindly advice?

Rdgs,
Emily

0 Kudos

Hi Emily

So if this is for transaction MM03 Material Master Data Display ....

Recommend you read up on the object via SUIM Authorisation Objects by Complex Criteria or via SU21. Have a look at all the M_MATE* objects.... in particular object M_MATE_WGR (Material Group).

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I have try to deactive M_MATE_WGR, M_MATE_MAT, M_MATE_MAR, but id still can access to that material number. Do you know any object that can limit access to particular material number by control the material group?

Rdgs,

Emily

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Emily,

You can restrict the Material with the help of M_MATE_MAR, If you want to restrict it under plant then you can do it with the help of ABAPER.

Please go through this thread.

Authorization by material type

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear M. Abdul Jamil / Experts,

For the forum - Authorization by material type , I don't understand the following sentences -

"The authorization object M_MATE_MAR checks the authorization group of the material type (T134-BEGRU). You will need to ensure that your material types are linked to an authorization group.

If you go into transaction OMS2 (maintain material types) you will see a field called 'Authorization group'. This is a free text field,

please, enter here something relevant."

It's NOT worked even if I had set authorisation object for "Material Group (M_MATE_WGR)" or "Material Type (M_MATE_MAR)". For example, limited the "Material Group (M_MATE_WGR)" only for "A" but I could access the "Material Group (M_MATE_WGR)" of "B". It was the same result when setting limitation for the "Material Type (M_MATE_MAR)".

It only worked when setting the limitaion at Plant level (M_MATE_WRK), but we have to limit users to access certain Materials within the same Plant.

Any other settings are also required for the above purpose ? or Must it be added program / user exist by ABAPER ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

0 Kudos

Dear M. Abdul Jamil / Experts,

Actually how to set the "Authorisation group" under the "Define Attrivutes of Material Types (OMS2)" and "Define Material Groups (OMSF)" of IMG ? It was not worked and could not be selected in PFCG's tree even if I had set the value in these two transactions.

Any other settings are also required for the above purpose ? or Must it be added program / user exist by ABAPER ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

0 Kudos

hi Kwok,

I just tested it. You can manage it with the help of New Authorization Object. You need to add the fields BEGRU and WERKS and assign this object to concern user.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear M. Abdul Jamil,

Do you mean to add the fields BEGRU and WERKS under the authorisation object for "Material Group (M_MATE_WGR)" or "Material Type (M_MATE_MAR)" ? and How to add these fields under any object ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to create a new Authorization Object along with these fields(BEGRU & WERKS) and add this object into the Role of concern user.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

If use object: M_MATE_WGR and M_MATE_MAR which are already assigned field: BEGRU, but its not work as user can't only access material type: 101. User also can access other material type and material group.

Rdgs,
Emily