cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can select only one entry each single time?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a ALV on my Z WAD, this ALV just has a 2 fields/columns, the 1st one is User_SAP_ID and the 2nd is user Full Name.

As we need some tuning in Search functionality, hence I created a my own Search help, say its name is Z_SHLP_FOR_USER_ID and wrote a SHLP function exit, say its name is Z_SHLP_FOR_USER_ID_FUNCTION_EXIT, finally I associated this Z SHLP to the ALV's 1st colums SHLP in DDIC structure, working fine, meaning, when user clicks the F4 on ALV grid'd row a SHLP popup will open & based on user selection criteria user will get hit list, and user selects an entry, that entry will transfer / populated on ALV grid, well.

But, here in this case user is able to select only 1 single entry at a time! Our requirement is that user should has ability to select multiple entries on SHLP's hitlist and same multiple should transfer on to ALV's grid

I also tried w/ DDSHF4CTRL-MULTISEL of CALLCONTROL in Z_SHLP_FOR_USER_ID_FUNCTION_EXIT, but no success!

Pls. let us know how we can achieve our requirements?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if you can populate the multiple lines selected from SEARCH HELP as you are not having control on setting data back to multiple lines.

You can achieve your requirement by using OVS

• You can set the multisel = X, to enable the multiple selection
  • Get the selection of records into an internal table and loop over and set to the context node of your alv

Please refer the below link

OVS multiple value selection

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (0)