cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Material Availability Date Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry if this information is readily available, but I read ~20 discussions and couldn't find the answer.

Can anyone help me understand how the material availability date is calculated?  Is it just based off the In-House Production or Planned Delivery Time of the material master?  What if the material has a routing?  Is there a way to update the Planned Delivery Time based on the routing?

What about for multiple levels?  (e.g. purchase a part, modify it, then ship it)  If the BoM exists will it perform the explosion and sum the planned delivery time for the raw material and the in-house production time for the finished material?

I'm asking because we are having many problems with Sales Orders for parts that we can not ship in time... so we must have something missing.

Thanks for any help.

Timothy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before that you need to understand the delivery scheduling process.

For example customer requested date is 15.04 2014

Order is created today i.e 28.03.2014.

Here system always does backward scheduling first. If the backward scheduling failed then system does forward scheduling. Backward scheduling failed if the material availability date is going beyond the order creation date. then in that case system does forward scheduling.

Backward scheduling does based on the customer requested date and forward scheduling does based on the order creation date.

when system does forward scheduling it will get two scheduling date in the schedule line tab.

Suppose Pick/Pack time is 1

Loading date is 1

transit time is 1

transportation time is 1

Here system will do the backward scheduling first for calculating the customer requested date

Delivery date minus transit time (Route) = Goods issue date

Goods issue date minus loading time (shipping point) = Loading date

Loading date minus transportation lead time (Route )= Transportation Planning date

Loading date minus pick/pack time (Shipping point) = Material availability date

here material availability date is 12.04.2014. on that date system will check whether material is available or not. If yes, then system will confirmed the quantity. If not then system will again do forward scheduling.

Suppose material available date is 13.04.2014 then system will add the all the above date to material availability date to calculate the actual customer delivery date

So here the customer requested date is 16.04.2014

Transportation lead time & pick/pack run parallely. system will consider the highest between both.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following wiki explains how the availability date is calculated:

Available to Promise (ATP) - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

It based on route transit time, loading time & pick / pack time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone offer some help?