cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Language installed not updating in MOPZ while upgrade process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

We are updating ERP6 EHP6 to EHP7.Language French is installed as additional Language on ERP6 EHP6 system.

The Language French not detecting by MOPZ and not downloading any Language SP for upgrade.

Do I need to make any entry in Solution manager to detect additional languages installed on my ECC system ?

How to make the additional languages also upgrade along with EHP7 upgrade ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P KK,

MOPZ wont support calculation of languages packages yet. you have to manually identify the language dvd for your current support package stack, later also calculate and download the relevant delta sp packages manually.

MOPZ couldnt help in language dvd calculation. for additional language installation you can proceed later on manually by usual as stated here

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your reply,

I am repeating the same question asked to Sunny in the above update.

I am using SUM tool for upgrade and never asked for Language DVD while upgrade.

Can you tell me, at what step SUM will look for Language DVDS ? or Do i need to do Language upgrade manually after EHP upgrade using SUM.(This is what i did last time)

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P KK,

can you tell me, at what step SUM will look for Language DVDS ?  Do i need to do Language upgrade manually after EHP upgrade using SUM.(This is what i did last time)

It is the SUM tool itself wont have the language installation option for the upgrade of netweaver 7.0x environment, as per the sap note 1881680 - Language handling in the SUM update, SUM tool execution sets on clone mode, no additional languages could be added.

so you had to do manually after the upgrade.

But for already installed languages, you get prompt for DVD during the LANG_SELECT phase according to your release. refer here 1876736 - Remove language from upgrade due to missing language DVDs

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PKK,

PLs refer below links for Installation languages ,

Install new language in SAP | SCN

INSTALL LANGUAGE. | SCN

73606 - Supported Languages and Code Pages

Regards

Nayeem

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As part of the upgrade, you need to provide language DVD which will update all the installed language during upgrade. If any the language that is installed in your system but not part of standard language DVD then upgrade tool will give you the error.

This has nothing to do with MOPZ in solman.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply,

I need little more clarification.I am using SUM tool for upgrade.I never asked for Language DVD while upgrade.Can you tell, at what step SUM will look for Language DVDS ?

Regards,

KK

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you passed the LANG_SELECT sub-phase during configuration phase?

Thanks,

Sunny