Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 7.0 EHP3 upgrade using NW 7.4 - Clarify

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a system SCM 7.0 , need to upgrade it to SCM 7.0 EHP3.

If we see the document for it on service market place, its available with SCM 7.0 EHP3 upgrade using NW 7.4 - I don't understand the NW 7.4 here.

How this upgrade can be done..Should I have to upgrade to 7.4 first from the 7.0 and then to EHP3? (or) Simply can I do SCM 7.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3 as normally?

Is this NW 7.4 concept introduced from SCM 7.0 EHP3 or available with SCM 7.0 EHP2 itself..Kindly correct me If am wrong anywhere

Please clarify my doubts and tell me which option should I do choose in the attached screen for SCM 7.0 EHP3 upgrade for media download and proceed

I will appreciate all your help and guidance

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In addition to the information I gave here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3521328

Here is the guide

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000849422013

Read the chapter 1.1 Naming Conventions. There you have the "Usage of Release Names" with a table provided. EHP3 for SCM is based on NW 7.4 release

How this upgrade can be done..Should I have to upgrade to 7.4 first from the 7.0 and then to EHP3? (or) Simply can I do SCM 7.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3 as normally?

This is a normal single upgrade. You just need to upgrade the SCM 7.0 to the EHP3 using the SUM tool.

Is this NW 7.4 concept introduced from SCM 7.0 EHP3 or available with SCM 7.0 EHP2 itself..Kindly correct me If am wrong anywhere

Go through the table shown under "Usage of Release Names"

Please clarify my doubts and tell me which option should I do choose in the attached screen for SCM 7.0 EHP3 upgrade for media download and proceed

if you are doing an upgrade first get a stack file generated and then download those packages and the kernel files for the upgrade.

Regards

RB

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

still am unclear with the using NW 7.4 for SCM 7.0 EHP3

Should I have  to change my NW version to 7.4 (ABAP) before the upgrade.

Please tell me which option should I use for the download of SM 7.0 EHP3 in attached file.

I will appreciate your reply and guidance

Thanks a ton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not supposed to use the service marketplace to download. Connect the SCM system to solman and generate the XML for the upgrade/update.

It is mandatory to use SUM and xml for the upgrade.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for the reply

Please tell me the steps for XML stack generation for my upgrade.

I will appreciate your help

Thanks a ton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the Master guide and the SUM guide for the same.

If you search SDN so many docs are available.

I will be happy if you close this thread as the current issue is resolved.

REgards,

Raja. G

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The SCM 7.0 version will have the base Netweaver version of 7.0. Similarly EHP3 of SCM 7.0 will have the netweaver version of 7.4.

As SAP introduced SAP Netweaver base components and all the Business suite will sit on top of the netweaver components. Please find the below links for more information.

Regards,

Raja. G