cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Monitoring - Shows Number of Messages but no Messages or Data

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing an issue in Message Monitoring. When we see the Message Monitoring (Database Overview) for the Adapter Engine. It shows the number of Messages that were Successful,

but if we click the Successful  messages it shows "0 Messages Found"

This was just happening for only Messages which are older than 3 days. Are there any jobs that delete these messages?

We are running on SAP PI 7.31 Dual Installation.

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh - Yes, You can find the default delete job schedule by following the below path

Dual stack - Go to component monitoring-> select adapter engine -> click on back ground processing

single stack/dual stack..

http://host:port/pimon

configuration and administration -> adapter engine -> background processing

0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh. I checked Background Processing. It shows "Default Delete Job" and its frequency is 1 day. But this doesn't explain, why only the messages older than 3 days were deleted?

Thanks,

Harsh

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh - Did you check the last execution timestamp under the log? i.e. when was the delete job executed?

It might ran yesterday and when the job executed it only deletes the messages which have crossed the "persisted until" time stamp.

To know the value of persist until time stamp - open any message in AE and under the message data tab you can find the value "Persist Until" .

0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh. Yes, The Last execution was yesterday. And I checked one of today's messages, it shows "Persist Until" - Next Day same time the message was sent. Does this mean, I can't see the message after the persisted time??. If So, where can I change the persistence duration? Should I change the Default Delete Job time?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh -

it shows "Persist Until" - Next Day same time the message was sent. Does this mean, I can't see the message after the persisted time??

>>>in a way Yes. but AFAIK - you would still be able to access until the next execution of your delete job.

i.e. If your message has "persists until" value as tomorrow afternoon and your delete job is scheduled to run tomorrow evening then i think you should be able to access those messages until the job finishes..

where can I change the persistence duration? Should I change the Default Delete Job time

>>> changing the default job schedule will not be helpful.

You might have to adjust the property " xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default " under the XPI Adapter: XI service

( NWA -> configuration->infrastcrture-> java system properties ->services ->XPI Adapter: XI)

But in case you want to keep it for longer duration may be setup archiving..

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Harsh - Did you try it out?

0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh. This is really helpful. I am going to implement the AAE archiving.

Thanks,

Harsh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Check the retention period of messages. In SXMB_ADM you can find that, if it is 3 days messages will achieve.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not applicable for AE messages..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.Thanks hareesh

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.