cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0 System ID Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This could be a easy question, but I have a couple of days looking into this... From where is determined the system ID in NWBC... I'm trying to log on into a TM system and for any reason the system ID is not correct so I could not login... Any idea where I can change that...?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry coming back so late, but the all issue was around the firewall, it was pointing to the wrong address and population the wrong system ID.

thanks for the suggestions,

rgs,

Ruben Alvarez

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruben

Which of the following method are you throwing to logon with? NWBC for HTML, NWBC for Desktop (i.e. Windows) or via a node provided in your Role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using both NWBC for HTML and NWBC for Desktop...

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruben

For NWBC for Desktop, the system is stored at the following local drive. Within this file search for entry <RuntimeConnections>. The Sys ID (i.e. "TM1" or "DE4") should be around that section.

C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml

Note: Your admin folks may also relocated them to a network drive; in that case, you will have to ask them where that file is.stored.

Cheers

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you share a screenshot? What do you mean by System ID? The SID of the SAP system? NWBC doesn't require it. Even SAP GUI uses it only to identify the connection entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the yellow area... that field is only visible and is determined from the system... i have review all the installation steps for the NWBC in the server and no where I can find where is this set... or from where is read...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

The URL you specify in the NWBC connection will point to a single system. This System ID (SID) is the value that is shown in your screenshot.

Hth,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't change it. It is set when the SAP system is installed and determined by NWBC when accessing the system. There must be some other reason why you aren't able to access the system. Make sure you are using the correct client number, user and password. Can you logon with SAP GUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

See, that's the point... the url is pointing to a system which system ID is TM1 ... the question is why is showing a different SID (DE4).. and of course is not allowing me to log in...

In the right side you can see the NWBC screen failling the log in and showing the wrong SID...

In the left side you can see the details of system when log in with GUI ... the system id is correct...

Hope helps to understand better the problem... 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share the connection parameters for the connection in NWBC? There must be a difference with the SAP GUI ones, even having a different port number in the URL could explain what you are seeing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I did validate that, an this happen even when you run transaction NWBC from the GUI transaction, the URL used by the system is the exactly the same I'm using... so this happen when using NWBC desktop, web and internal transaction with the launch service...