cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bypass credit check on a return item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I have a scenario in which in 1 order, I have outbound delivery items and inbound delivery items.

The inbound delivery items seem to get blocked because of credit check. I am getting the

following error- "Order blocked for delivery as a result of credit check"

I have unchecked the 'credit active' radio button in the relevant item category, but

that didnt fix the issue.

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have unchecked the 'credit active' radio button in the relevant item category, but

that didnt fix the issue

By deactivating the credit active field in respective item category system will not update the values into credit management(FD32) for the line items. However, it does not control the credit check of the document.

the main control is see below in the respective sales document type we assign credit group and relevant credit check like automatic or simple credit control etc.( example for OR)

We usually do not assign neither credit group or Check credit limit( simple or automatic credit) for returns sales document type(RE). Hence system will not stop the document at order or delivery level because of this.Check in your sales order type of below controls are similar or not?

And you can approve the document either through VKM1/ VKM3 so that for your current process you can go ahead.

But with the abvove setting system will not stop you blocking the document. If the cystomer has any over due amount first that has to be cleared.

Thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Srinu, but in this scenario we have 1 or more item that is

outbound and 1 or more item that is inbound in the same sales order

Hence we cannot make changes to the document type.

Could their be a configurational solution so that it does not check credit

for an inbound item?

Thanks.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hence we cannot make changes to the document type.

With out assigning the credit group to the sales document type, as per my knowledge, you can't block the document at order level, in your case are you able to control this with out?

Could their be a configurational solution so that it does not check credit

for an inbound item?

The above statement is contradictory to OP where you have mentioned as below.

The inbound delivery items seem to get blocked because of credit check. I am getting the

following error- "Order blocked for delivery as a result of credit check"

so is it really blocking in return delivery or not?

As i already said in standard system will not block the customer because of the above settings.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The common document type that is used for outbound and inbound items does have Credit group assigned

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the above screen shot, you can observe credit group and check credit limit is assigned, this is the reason system is blocking the document when even customer exceeds credit limit,or if any open items are over due etc.

Since you have already mentioned that for your returns item category you have removed tick for the credit active field,this make sense because when you returning the goods system should not update the open order value in FD32.

Coming into your current process to by pass the credit block, there is no other alternative but approve the document through t code VKM1/ VKM3.

I don't know what reason your business process has designed a single sales document type for both standard sales and return sales.

But i have some following doubts on your process.

1. If you are using the same document type for both returns and sales orders there are so many dependence, example item category, scheduline category determination etc, all the time you need to change them manually when you are creating relevant process.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business uses this document for the exchange process. They want the inbound(damaged)

item and outbound(replacement) item on the same order.

I am not sure if there is a configuration for this. I was thinking of having some custom

development right before delivery is processed to see if there are inbound item categories, they should not be blocked for delivery.

Any thoughts?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After unchecking the 'credit active' button, did you test by creating new sales order?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have tested after unchecking the 'credit active' button.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with accounting to reset the credit values for the customer. The sales orders created before the item category setting changes, could have accumulated the values in credit management.

Similar issue was discussed in OSS  546734 - RFDKLI20: Changes in "Credit funct. active" ignored

however it is otherway around, activating the credit check.

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just came across another OSS notes, you can check this 368343 - Credit check although "active receivable" = "Off"

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva, but I tried going to that link and it is asking for user/pwd. I don't have access to it.