Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd document category

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

I have a question...

I have a billing type zxx with item category o= credit memo.

If i create a credit memo with reference to different billing documents, then I create the invoice zxx, I have a split in different documents depending on differents parameters (vat code, pricing groups etc), the ones of the invoices split standard.

If for the same document type I change the item category from o to 6= Intercompany credit memo

The split doesn't happens.

Why this different behaviour?????

I need to have the behavuour as if it is 6, BUT I NEED TO HAVE O for different reason...

I want to highlight that the billing is an IC.

please help me

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Could you please elaborate us the business scenario you are performing...

Because as per my understanding  

1.......In a usual scenario when company is returning the money to the customer    is normal Credit memo process.

For this scenario go ahead with :-- Create a CR credit memo request(with reference to the F2 billing document). ----->G2 credit memo

2......In an IC scenario The Supplying company code returning the money to the Ordering company code.

For this scenario go ahead with :-  Create a CR credit memo request ( with reference to the IV billing document (and sales area of the "Supplying company code)----->IG credit memo

If you want to create a IG credit note of any of the Invoice reference I think it will not support.

*Experts Please current me if my understanding in wrong...*

Regards

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE SCENARIO IS 2:

..In an IC scenario The Supplying company code returning the money to the Ordering company code.

For this scenario go ahead with :-  Create a CR credit memo request ( with reference to the IV billing document (and sales area of the "Supplying company code)----->IG credit memo

I HAVE DONE THIS!!!!

BUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT MY BILLING TYPE IS = O AND NOT 6, I HAVE THE SPLIT.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AG,

I appreciate your analysis taking the business processes into consideration! I am going to re-read your post, for learning.

The requirement here is no invoice split should happen when giving credit. To satisfy this requirement, the correct routine in Data VBRK / VBRP would be sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in header? what I should put?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly provide the copying control settings b/w CR to IG of VTFA to see the issue.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

In copy control VTFA -

For both Billing (normal credit memo), Billing intercompany - have the billing type < order type and other data.

At item level for each - put same routine in Data VBRK/VBRP

The item routine is responsible for the splitting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the current setting, what should I put?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Your description is not easy to understand!

Split criteria is responsible for invoice splitting.

This is set -

Delivery type > Billing type,

and then at item category level

So for same delivery type > billing type, but for different item category OR

for the same item category, but for different delivery type > billing type; the split criteria can be set differently. (t-code VTFL)

I hope I was not that complicated , please let us know if you have any other questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i KnOw perfectly how copy control works....

my my question is different.

i am asking why if i simulate the invoice of the credit memo thai ha ve document type 6, i have no split.

then i go in in customizing, change document type to O, then i simulate the invoice For the same document and it is splitted. The only thing changed is the document category type of the credit note.

CLear Now?

br

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alex,

I don't see SD document category = 6? What is the description of this? please paste the screenshot of this.

Why do you change the SD document category in the billing type? If it is a credit memo, it should remain O

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Also in addition to TW's point please paste the screen shot of Splitting Criteria Routine which you have updated in VTFL.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T.W,

In inter company credit memo billing types ,we will use 6-Inter company credit memo as SD document category.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know that in intercompany you usually use 6.

I need to know WHY with O there is no split and with 6 there is split...!!!

this is the billing type

this is the setting of the copy control.. HEADER:

item:

I need to mantain O but I don't  want the split!

help me

regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren, Thanks!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

To not have split, make the Data VBRK/VBRP identical for both scenarios e.g. 002 (normal credit memo and intercompany credit memo)

Then test.