cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Self Monitoring Thresholds in SOLMAN 7.1 SP8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I'm wondering if there is an option to change Self Monitoring Thresholds in SOLMAN 7.1 SP8? I'm getting so many SOLMAN Self Monitoring alert's emails, so looking forward to adjust the thresholds (if this is possible at all)?

Your help is always appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M,

Did you try and change the metric threshold in the Template Maintenance step?

Select the metric for which the Threshold value need to be changed.

Click on Change Settings button.

Select the Thresholds tab.Change the Threshold type/ value and save the changes made.

Navigate to Setup Monitoring step by selecting the required scope on Define Scope step.
Click on Apply and Activate button.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for advice.

How exactly I can change Self-Monitoring Template? It seems like it's not possible.

Am I missing something?

Please advice?

Thanks a lot,

MM

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

If you go to the tab Alert from your screenshot and select the metric you want to change. There

should be an option for Thresholds where you can change the settings here.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Roland,

Somehow I can't change the Self-Monitoring thresholds neither under Alerts nor Metrics:

It's quite strange, as I'm able to adjust the thresholds for System Monitoring..

I'm stuggeling  to ungerstand where  in my system I can find and change Template for Self-Monitoring.

Any idea why it's like that?

Thanks a lot!

MM

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

The problem is that you need to create a custom Self-Mon template.

In the Self-Mon setup step 3.2 (Configure and Activate) you need to create a custom template i.e Diagnostics Agent Framwork and it should be displayed underneath on the left hand side

of the Standard Self-Mon Template. Currently, you need to do it his way (within self-mon) and then you can changes the settings (thresholds)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for advice!

Sorry, how are you getting to this screen where you can create a custom template?

Somehow I can't find any option to create a custom template in step 3.2 of  the Self-Mon in my system.

When I press 'Configure and Activate' button it's just activating the Self-Mon, without any option to create a custom template.

In Alerting Directory Browser I can see SAP Standard Template for Self-Mon,...

...but I'm struggeling to find where I can create the custom template a copy of this standard one?

Probably I'm missing something.

I'm on SP08.

You help is much appreciated.

Best,

MM

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

To create a custom template, you simply have to change some alert settings. Switch to Edit-Mode and disable one alert from the relevant scenario (in this example the scenario is Agent Framework).

Afterwards press the button Configure & Activate.

Now you have generate a custom template. To be able to modify the template settings, you have to use the repository tool by opening following URL:

<solman host> <solman port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wda_config_wizard?SCENARIO_TYPE=SELF_MON&sap-language=EN

Note: there is no link available from Solman_Setup. This UI can display custom template for different monitoring use case!

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your help!

May I ask you is there any SAP Documentation/Note where is this link mentioned ? 🙂

All the best,

MM

0 Kudos

Yes, its given in following SAP Note, although that is for SP10 and higher.

1993997 - Recipients for different Self Monitoring Alerts with Solution Manager 7.1 SP10 and higher

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help please?

Thanks,

MM