cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a new WDA window with the same context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an application that has an ALV data and when the user clicks on a line more data is presented. The data is year dependant.

The user want to have a button that when pressed the data which is presented down in a view will be opened in another window so he can continue working on the current window but also compare the data to the previous year data in the other window.

Any ideas how I can open a new window and copy the context over?

thanks,

Itay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Itay,

If you are using the same component, then you need to map the nodes of the view context with the component controller context. If you are planning to use another component, then you need to define component usage and declare the nodes to share as interface nodes and do external context mapping.

Hope this helps: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2191

Thanks,

Biswanil

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use create_external_window of if_wd_window_manager to open the other window as independent window and pass the data via url parameters.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use the context. Sharing via the URL is not applicable as there are tables I need to pass.

I think I will try assistance class with a used component.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data need to be passed is large, consider using Shared Memeory Objects: Check this doc for reference:

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

Store the data in the assitance class attribute and pass the refrence of assistance class and acces teh data in using the particular refernce .

Regards,

Inder