cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toshiba b-x72 printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are printing barcode PDF417 in labels with Toshiba b-x72 printer and we have the following issue:

We print the barcode using SAPSCRIPT, so we send to the printer a 250 string lenght, but the behavior of the printer is the following:

• If we send the 250 string lenght, the printer seems to be able to read only the first 160 characters and it continues reading characters in the next line, which contains printer code that should not be included on the PDF147 barcode.
  • To solve that, we tried to include a line feed, so the printer gets all the string appropriately but on the barcode read, the printer is placing a space in the end of line, so our customer does not accept that solution

Our question is if some of you have faced a problem like that and how this issue could be solved.

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I did not face exact this problem, but I know that a string is not supported in all ways. Pass your string to a CHAR255 variable and try it again.

I got the problem, that my string-variable didn't showed up with all data on my form. After changing it to character everything worked fine.

I'm not sure, but I think that could be your solution.

If the above won't work, I would try to program a PERFORM IN PROGRAM into the sapscript-form and pass my value that way in a form-variable... Got my idea?

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Florian,

In this case, my string-varible is not the problem, the printer seems to be able to read only the first 160 characters of each line of spool.

Regads.

Martin.