cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context root for web Module application (with slash)

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on PI 7.31. I am getting URL not found error with web application in certain cases. Initially, i had thought it was not working because of the Slash. Later I realized it was happening with only keyword 'inbound'.

Edited:

my alias (context-root) starts with "inbound" and that is the problem.. For me when i try anything other inbound it works..

For some reason, when I put my context-root as 'inbound' it gives me the message that URL does not work. All other context roots with  and without "/"(slash) works.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am still struggling with this issue.

I checked my URL pattern in the SMICM - Go to -> http plug in -> Application server - > Display data

I noticed that /inbound/ is defined there...

I am guessing that it means that when I put http:/hostname:port/inbound/xxx.html it is looking for the SICF service and does not find it.. and hence it fails ...

I do have an external alias /inbound/xxxx, so curious as to how the URL pattern /inbound/ got inserted.. Is the URL pattern table automatically generated or is there a way to modify this?

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, The URL prefix in the SMICM is generated from the Services/external Alias defined in the SICF. Unfortunately in the new PI 7.31 environment, the URL prefix is stripped down to the first level.

In our case, we had the URL (/inbound/xxx/yyy) which was SICF service. As a result our URL prefix was stripped to /inbound/. When we developed a java webmodule with URL /inbound/zzzz, it gave service not active error.

We are creating a message with SAP to see if this will be the standard behavior going forward. Anyone encountered such an issue before?

Moderators, I guess this question needs to be moved to a different topic thread. Wondering if I should close this thread and open a new one ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was wondering if any one get this URL not found error if their context root was inbound (want to determine if this issue is unique to our installation)...

Context-root<inbound> or context root <inbound/xxx>