cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test environment for SAP Fiori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to develop a SAP Fiori App mocking the services in a test/development environment so that I can train/test/extend apps for SAP Fiori, before going to a real production environment?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can extend apps and make sure that enhancment will be user specific, a condition can be put in the enhancement code : Like SY-UNAME = 'user1' in Test client

Also you can customize Fiori specific and app specific services and store in some transport request and don't transfer to Production client.

Also if your question is related to installing services on 2 different clients then yes, you can have Fiori installed in 2 Gateway clients as well, which may point to different System alias.

Let me know for any other questions.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for your help. Other people looking for related concepts will be benefited by your answer. Nevertheless, I think it's no use for me, but it was my fault: I didn't express myself clearly enough. Plus, I'm kind of a beginner in SAP, although I've being studying the SAP Fiori architecture in depth in the past few days.

The only tool I have for a test environment is just one computer, so all the services needed have to be mocked inside in order for the app to work.

An example of something similar could be a SOAPUI-like environment in which I can mock the other layers/services/etc in a test environment and just work in the Fiori app. Also, SAP has several OData test services publicly available which can be used in test environments, but are of no use for Fiori development per se.

BR,

Daniel Vivar.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In that case, first you need to understand the architecture of Fiori and how you can utilize to work on different clients so that the change in one client is not affected in other clients.

If you are planning to train people and extend the services,so that other client is not effected, you need to have your services activated in other clients as well.

if 1 Gateway server and 2 Backend

1st GW client (say 100) <-> 1st ERP server

2nd GW client (say 200) <-> 2nd ERP server

or if backend is one system only. Then try this :

or GW client 100 to ERP 100

GW client 200 to ERP 200

In this case your services will not be effected.

Whether you want Embedded or central hub architecture. Once finalized with the architecture. You need to have Gateway and backend system with RFC and relationships enabled. Once everything is setup. Then you can try working with different clients.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks again for your help, but your input is still aligned with your previous answer.

I am not worried about interferences between clients, nor about between test/production environments. What I am worried is about my ability to learn your platform.

I am just an independent developer (group of developers) very interested in all your SAP Mobile Platform and SAP Business Suite products in general, and in your SAP Fiori architecture in particular. But I don't own anything from SAP. I don't have any SAP Netweaver Gateway clients and I don't have any backend server of any type. I am aware that these, however, are needed for the SAP Fiori architecture to work in a production environment. But, essentially, a SAP Fiori app is a webpage. And I'd like to focus on the web page, using generic SAP Fiori and OData services. I'd like to focus on the app, not on the architecture. I'd like to know all the possibilities given a generic set of data, in a test environment.

Maybe the answer to my question is a plain no: "No, it's not possible for you to develop or extend a SAP Fiori App with just one computer because the underlying architecture is so complex that cannot be mocked or emulated for a test environment in that computer", but I had the hope that it could be something like "Yes, we're working on it, wait just a few weeks" or "Yes, do this ..."

BR,

Daniel Vivar.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes if you want to work in a real time environment. You will need a backend system, Gateway system or Gateway components installed in backend system.

If you dont own anything from SAP, then answer is NO.

Fiori is a web application you can say, but data which is coming there is coming from the backend systems.

Demo systems are not available.

Not sure, if you can try this link for demo :

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#demoapps.html

Regards,

Tejas

Answers (0)