cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 single stack: how to send mail if channel has not been processing message before given time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know the simplest way of setting up a mechanism on our SAP PI 7.31 single stack where a mail is to be sent to certain recipients if a receiver channel has not processed a message before a given time each day.

For example if file receiver channel "Allocation_File_Receiver" has not processed any messages by 6 am a mail to "hello@world.eu" should be sent with the mail body "No Allocation messages have been processed today!"

Hope there is an easy way of doing this.

Br

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure what's ur exact scenario, but IMO instead of doing a check on receiver adapter why don't u just build a mechanism to check if PI has received a request message for that interface from source system or not?

And if no message has entered into PI, then shoot a mail.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

You can configure alerts to get mail if receiver channels not working. If your requirement is particular to time, as you mentioned you need alerts if channel is not working by 6AM you have to go through custom modules.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d828df-0a5e-2e10-6d9f-83d9034a5...

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just configure Alerts using the below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3525

And schedule a job for triggering the alert as per your requirement,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael -

AFAIK - There is no standard way.

If your sender adapter support modules then you can write a custom module which can trigger alerts in case there are no files.

I know Advantco extended monitoring has that functionality to trigger alerts in case if the interface failed to run/did not receive the expected no.of messages..

May i know what is your sender adapter type?